new unit: modern infantry

I must congratulate you for the creation of this unit.It is a complete work.Bravo!

Balou has retired and won't make any new version.
It is not possible to add a camo to this unit, because it doesn't have one, so a simple color conversion as I did for the Forest Spetsnaz won't work. You could edit it to change the color, and make it desert sand for instance, but it will be plain color, no camo

Originally posted by zulu9812
Sorry to dig this thread, but I was wondering if someone could please do a forest green colour conversion of this unit?

Is this forest green?

Attachments

• moderninfantrygreen.gif
    moderninfantrygreen.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 371
Well, more of a camo green pattern. I read what Steph said, but surely it's just a case of editing te actual storyboards to out a camo pattern on him?

Everything is possible in theory. It's even possible that you find someone willing to give him camo.

It's not likely though and the result will be horrible in any case.

Colour conversion is completely different thing than making a camo-pattern. You would have to carefully place each pixel in right place (to avoid irritating 'noise' in the clothes), and still it wouldn't look very good. Simple palette editing won't do the camo for you :) .

Well, since I had the palette done, I thought I'd upload it any way. This is not a full unit but just new flics, pediaicons and a units32 icon.

Green Modern Infantry

The difference could've been bigger, but the original is already pretty green.

Attachments

• moderninfantrygreen2.gif
    moderninfantrygreen2.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 355
I can modify the color more if you want. Balou makes nice and user friendly palettes - very similar with Kinboat's.

Originally posted by Drift
I can modify the color more if you want. Balou makes nice and user friendly palettes - very similar with Kinboat's.

Would any of these be difficult to do? Balou was considering doing them before his retirement from here.

Ok, why not. I'll try them at some point.

Schysst! :D
You did a great job with the dragons and the wyverns, and there's a need for more modern infantry since there's only this and the modern soldier of Kinboat to use (the spetsnaz and parachutiste by Balou being special forces).

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but how do you make Civ-color in say, poser or bryce?

Sand is out of the picture - I was a little ahead of myself when I said Balou's palettes are nice and user friendly. The unit's clothes share a lot of colors with the gear - can't do light colors.

Light brown and dark brown should be doable.

Top Bottom