New Unit: Sniper

I've been looking for a good one, but have not found anything yet. If you or anyone else should recommend one - I can definately adjust the size or any other aspect if needed. In the meantime, maybe use the smart weapons crosshairs? You know, I think I'll put a request in with one of the icon makers.

I made this pcx file to use for now. Here is a .jpg example: NOTE, The Icons are better than this .jpg...I got some pixel distortion with this but it can serve as the general example. :)

Attachments

• SniperLarge.jpg
    SniperLarge.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 499
Here are the Large and Small .pcx Icons and units_32.pcx icon For the Sniper unit by sourboy.

I Modified "Half-Life" Crosshairs and the "Modern Infantry" Unit by Balou to create these Large and Small pcx files.
...note that some detail is lost with the Small Icon due to size but hope it will suffice.
...I moved the Snipers legs together more to look better (IMO) for the units_32.pcx Icon.

Hope these will work for you until better ones can be made.
Here is the Zip:

Attachments

• sniper_pcx_files.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 192
Wow, I actually really like that picture. I have someone making an icon, but he generally does tech icons. Depending on how his turns out & if myself or others have time, we could use one for the Civilopedia & another for the tech tree. :goodjob:

Glad you approve sourboy...just wanted to provide some Icons that could be used for your Sniper and I didn't really want to use plain Crosshairs for them.

Perhaps using the Scope with Crosshairs alone would work for the Tech Tree?
Here is a preview of a slightly lighter grey area with Crosshairs alone:

Attachments

• CrosshairsLarge.jpg
    CrosshairsLarge.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 506
Here is the Zip with the Large and Small .pcx Icons for the scope and Crosshairs alone ...with a lighter grey area. Could be used for Tech Icons but Use as you like. :)

Attachments

• tech_crosshairs.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 117
Most people agree on Stealth Attack & bombard (1 rate of fire). As far as a/d/m - that's up to you, based on what timeline you place it in. I would think something with a fair attack, good defense, and minimal movement. Maybe 8/12/1 with 6 bombard (1 range, 1 rate of fire), Stealth Attack, Ranged Animation, Lethal Land Bombardment? I personally plan to use it in a way that minimizes the number of these units. Either 4 per city, like Armies or auto-produced from a building (1 per four+ turns). Up to you - I haven't had time to play a game with it yet.

Hey sourboy. Let me say I love this unit. I use it for special forces :-D. I was just wondering if you'd be able to make up a paradrop animation for it, or have anything that can approximate better than the white, generic paradrop anim i'm using now.
Thanks.

Despair888 said:
Will this work for Ptw?
Yes it will, so long as you follow the tutorial correctly.

sourboy, I have modified the Fortify and Move sounds for the Sniper to fit the unit timing in the game better. Also changed the .ini speed to 200 in order to slow the game speed for the sniper a little more. All game tested and although not a hugh change, it works well with the Sniper.

...I agree with crimson238. A paradrop would be a nice addition for the Sniper. IF you like the Camo Green paradrop and paradrop sound I made for the Covert Ops unit by Kindred72, feel free to use it.

here is the small zip for the modified Sniper sounds and .ini :

Attachments

• Sniper_ini_fortify_move.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 113
Some players may, as I do, want to stay with the basic white background for the .pcx files...here is a Preview for both the Large and Small Sniper .pcx files with White Backgrounds together.

Attachments

• SniperLargeSmall.bmp
    67.3 KB · Views: 252
Nice work Vuldacon. I'll have to use the icon in my scenario. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom