New Unit: Sniper

well since its bumped anyway, I might as well give sourboy the credit he deserves...

I use this unit in many of my personal mods, and my Public MOD....great unit, the animations were revolutionary at their time, and you deserve Kudos...

The great units never die, they only fade away... then get bumped.

Since the thread lives, I'll post these icons I made for this unit. I modified the icons from the original unit, making the helmet and body armor gray and extending the barrel of the rifle.

On the subject of bumping.... personally I find it annoying but don't usually comment unless someone is just being obnoxious. I don't think having a special comment thread would work though, because probably most thread-bumpers find the thread through a search or link instead of just browsing the forum (or just wouldn't realize/care that there is such a thread). Anything automated is bad, because a thread may need to be bumped for various reasons. Something that may be helpful is (if possible on the forum platform) a notice, like the 10-character alert box, that pops up and alerts someone when they are about to post in a thread that has been inactive for over (say) 3 months..
Not that this has ANYTHING to do with the Sniper unit [offtopic]:mischief: so here are the icons:

First post of 2008, and #5500 to boot!

Attachments

• SniperLg.pcx
    5.3 KB · Views: 101
  • SniperSm.pcx
    1.3 KB · Views: 87
Wow he does still visit. Any chance you could upload some of the clothing items you used?

The computer my files were saved to when I created this is not currently in my possession. It is currently loaned to my dad, so maybe next time I visit I will bring my flash drive and see if I can provide what you're looking for -- assuming I didn't delete them when I finished the unit.

Also, this was based off another unit in the forum, so if I have time I will find it and provide a link -- as it may have the original files as well.

That unit definitely deserves a bump.
Complicated and looks awesome in game!
Add it to the goddamn library would u :p

No it doesn't, unless you have something constructive to add.

No it doesn't, unless you have something constructive to add.

The great units never die, they only fade away... then get bumped.

Gz on being such a freak Yoda Power.
Gotta love all those people on these forums that live only to criticize people and correct `em even thou there is no need to.

I dont see much spam around here, and STILL people act like it would be a SPAM only forum.. gosh..

you guys should get a life.

P.S- U sure did add something constructive.

The bump you are refering too actually added something constructive. So did my post since it (hopefully) prevented you from bumping other threads without a purpose.

You have to realise that there are hundreds and hundreds of unit threads, and if people keep bumping them for no purpose it will make it impossible to make sense of the forum.

And you're lucky that I'm such a nice guy that I won't report you for calling me a freak.

I Updated My Post on Page 3 with the Updated Sniper Unit. I placed this Unit in the Modern Unit Database and it contains the Changes and Additions I added as well as the original Sniper files. Trying to get all files together in one file rather than have them scattered for this Very Good Unit.

I do Not plan to make a New thread for this Updated Sniper so Linked the Updated Sniper to this thread.

The Point is, there are some new additions to this Old Thread and I have sent sourboy the Information and Links that he can post on the 1st Post of this Thread if he likes.

The bump you are refering too actually added something constructive. So did my post since it (hopefully) prevented you from bumping other threads without a purpose.

You have to realise that there are hundreds and hundreds of unit threads, and if people keep bumping them for no purpose it will make it impossible to make sense of the forum.

And you're lucky that I'm such a nice guy that I won't report you for calling me a freak.

I beg you, report me.

Listen... this is a Thread for the Sniper Unit and should stay on that subject.
There are some Newer Files for this Unit that were Hacked away and I did not want to start a New Thread for an Older Existing Unit that I simply made some Updates for. Because I wanted to make sure all the Files were available in one package, I uploaded the Update in the Database under Modern Units and Linked it to this Thread. I am certain that sourboy will agree with this.

Therefore, I believe it is ok to post concerning this Unit but PLEASE...after all else that has taken place at the site lately, lets try to be friendly :)

The Moderators do a Good Job of watching the posts at this site and it is their job...Not for anyone else. Quite Frankly, I am most surprised that the Moderators do not normally tend to state this Fact to the "well meaning Members" who try to police the site with posts and images to people regarding Bumps of an Old Thread. Let the moderators Judge when someone has "Bumped" a Thread and needs to be told Publicly.

My "2 cents" is that IF a Bump takes place, let the Moderators deal with it and don't post if you do not like it. That only adds to the continuation of a Bump in many other ways that have nothing to do with the Bump and you just might be wrong...It would be better to PM the Person who Bumped a thread with your views than to Post a Reprimand yourself and become part of the Bump in doing so.

At this point, this Thread is Not a Bump but rather a continuation of a Very Good Unit that has recent files added that had been Hacked away.

I beg you, report me.
I agree with Vuldacon, but this guy should be warned more for this last sentence than for the bump. "European" I hope you'll learn to know people (like Yoda) better and make some friends on this forum...

Hi. :D

Lots of the guys have a good sense of humor. Look around, post some nice things, and learn.

Always remember, when in doubt be nice.

I agree with Vuldacon, but this guy should be warned more for this last sentence than for the bump. "European" I hope you'll learn to know people (like Yoda) better and make some friends on this forum...

He acted insultive toward me, threaten me, and attacked me without a reason, GOSH, damn i need to start acting like him.

Just because this guy makes like 40 posts a day doesnt change the fact hes a freak and half hes posts are meaningless while hes trying to criticize people for the same.

He acted insultive toward me, threaten me, and attacked me without a reason, GOSH, damn i need to start acting like him.

Just because this guy makes like 40 posts a day doesnt change the fact hes a freak and half hes posts are meaningless while hes trying to criticize people for the same.
No I wasn't being insultive, or threatening you. It's common practice to explain to new people that they shouldn't bump old threads without a purpose. As I already pointed out, it flocks the forum with old threads, and it's impossible to understand what's new and what's old.

Actually I only have slightly few more posts per day than you have. So my high post count stems mostly from the fact that I've been here for a long time.

Top Bottom