New Units: Kender + Bonus

Originally posted by Wyrmshadow

About the hoopak. According to the books, kender twirled it around their heads as a warning signal, like rabbits thumping their hind feet. For atack, they planted it in the ground and used it as a stationary sling-shot type weapon.

I did research as well. It said that they used it either way. Sometimes spiking it into the ground, and sometimes using it as a sling-staff.

As far as swinging it over their head. Check the victory animation.

OK, I have edited the Generic Swordsman AND the Generic Scout so that they are more accurately sized. If you have previously downloaded these units, you may want to do it again. Note that they use the same names, so don't get them mixed up.

Thanks Embryodead for pointing this out.

I was just curious, but did you plan to make any worker or settler kenders?
If not, that's fine I'll just snatch whatever they come up with in the LotM mod.

I love DragonLance! I'm a scholar of the series (core books mostly, some little side ones too), and of kender more generally. Yes, they do swing their hoopak around them, though not much in the books. They swing it by the leather strap, most likely, to spin it fast enough to get a whirring sound. Very nice unit; I love the tassle!

Kender Workers, Settlers, or just units more generally would be helpful. I'm starting a few threads and asking around about making a DragonLance mod. If anyone needs any units, don't talk to me, I'm no artist! :D But I do know DragonLance...

Live wisely. Play video games.

There is a map done in the maps forum. It wasn't too bad, just needs a little update and some work to finish it. I am planning one if no one alse does, but my current project must be complete and bug free first. After that I might start or join the DragonLance mod team.

Ok, after D/L and playing with these units, They are GREAT!!!
would like to see a worker so I can make Kender a Civ

even if the MOD never reaches a work stage Id like to see more tid bits from it... I add random elements to my personal "Discordia" mod as I learn how, and an INN of Last HOme Wonder, or Solomnic knight unit (not specifically, anything DL would be kewl) would always be welcome replacements or additions...

if it does ever get to the "start up" process, Id like to volunteer to do what ever I can, as I loved the DL series (before Kitiara and Caramon had kids anyway)

Good work on the Kender Kindred...glad to see they havent been forgotten

Top Bottom