New Units: Kender + Bonus

Kindred72

Vampire
Kender are halflings in the Dragonlance World. I am contemplating puting together a Dragonlance Mod. They do not have large hairy feet. Sorry.

The hoopak prop is courtesy of Kinboat. (Thank you very much Kinboat)

A hoopak is sort of a sling-staff that Kender use. It also has a spike on the end to be used as a spear.

This is the first time I've ever posted a unit without testing it first. But, I always test it, and it's fine, so, I'm taking the risk. If you find any problems PLEASE let me know

Hoopak Kender

Kender Impailer

Kender Swordsman

BONUS----Larger version of the Kender Swordsman. Use it how you like.

Generic Swordsman

Kender Scout

BONUS-----------Larger version of the Kender Scout. Use it how you like.

Generic Scout

Unbelievable :eek:!!!
Excellent, I actually think I am drooling... Not that I like to admit it, but hey! Its definitely excusable here! As are the clothed feet.
The waiting was worth it.
:goodjob:

Really impressive set! :goodjob: Thanks for making swordsman/scout without that ponytail :) After all the old hobbit will be replaced...

Looks both very good and very useful. :goodjob: I especially appreciate the larger versions.

DAMN YOU ARE GOOD!!!

Just something for my Halfling Civ......and by the way, I also agree with that Tasselhoff King Unit!

"Hail to the Kendars and Hobbits"

:( pity about the feet though...

Perfect Kindred. Even better than I thought they would turn out. My only question is maybe a settler/worker combo? Could be used as a king as well.

AS far as the rest of these? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: Maybe now that Hobiit will stop haunting you. ;)

One problem... you made the human version quite gigantic, so that normal human figures look like halflings when next to them ;)

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 5,591
Very Cool!:goodjob:

As far as the too small or too large goes, one could always hire the wee and large folk into their military - midgets have rights to ya know!:D

Originally posted by embryodead
One problem... you made the human version quite gigantic, so that normal human figures look like halflings when next to them ;)

Hmm.. That's wierd. I've been using Kinboat's setup and usually my human models come out just fine. :( I'll be more carefull with that in the future.

That should be easy enough to fix though. I'll work on it when I get home from work.

I would definitly look after a Dragon-Lance mod :)

I haven't got the time to d/l and test them (little connex right now), but they seems nice.

The Hoopak's attack animation seems short and a little weird.
The Hoopak should go from farer or the projectile sent later.

Originally posted by Kindred72
Looks fine to me.
yeah, well, Supa's run out of cheese, so what can we expect? ;)

I would love to see a Dragonlance mod. That would make a Minotaur civ possible if you made units for that as well. Wyrm's map is pretty good. A few mistakes like the Budapest city which is supposed to be Gateway, but overall that is a very good map and would make a great map if you touched it up with C3C editor.

Originally posted by Supa
Hey, it's just my point of vue. :rolleyes: ;)
Yeah, I know, I just wanted an excuse to mention cheese, like in your description thingy. :)

Yeah, with the kenders, I thought they used it like a Dennis-the-Menace-slingshot-on-a-stick too. Course I never red any of dem booksh.

I started reading those books this last summer. I've read "The Warriors volumes 1-7," "Icewall Trilogy" and I'm curently on book 2 of "Dragonlance Chronicles."

I was quite impressed. To my surprise. They are almost as good writers as myself. I think I'll have to get back to that writing thing as soon as I finish my mod. Got to pay some old bills you know.

Top Bottom