New units Palisade and Gun Nest

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
A simple combination of the CIV3 Worker and Dark Sheer's Horse (yell at me if you don't want me using it, and I'll take it down... tried private messaging you about it) Then when you fortify the unit the worker will build either a log Palisade or a Machine Gun Nest.

As for use... I've made them a low defense unit used to block passages in peacetime and slow assault in war. It's not meant to seriously stop the drive, just slow it a turn or two... in that spirit I give it less defense then the average defender of the time... The Palisade I gave 0/1/1 ADM... Haven't added the other to my game yet but it should have something similar (no attack because this is strickly a defense unit... and I was lazy :) )

One last point... I realize the modern Machine Gun Nest is still being built by a primative worker with a horse... but like I said I was lazy, and have other projects. If I find the time and motivation I might change it to a truck or something. Or you can use another animation from these boards... Just go into your INI file for the Gun Nest and where it says PalisadeRun.FLC and PalisadeDefault.FLC write something like this

..\FolderName\TruckDefault.flc

where the folder name is where the FLC is that you wanna use and Truck is replaced by the name of the FLC...

Anyway here it is

Attachments

• walls.zip
    344.8 KB · Views: 1,139
oops forgot the preview.

This is the Gun Nest when it is fortified.

Attachments

• gunnestfortify.gif
    gunnestfortify.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 5,187
Anyone is allow to use my units for further conversion. ;)

No permission is needed for converting the units. If someone is willing to use my unit as a base to create another one it only means one thing, they like it! :D

Thanks Dark Sheer. I figured most people wouldn't have a problem, just thought I'd ask.

It looks excellent, as all your works!!But I have a suggestion: what about using the palisade as the ancient Fortress graphic, and the Gun nest as the industrial-modern fortress graphic? I don't like the ones of Civ3, but I love what you have done :)
Bye!

Never thought of that... Good idea Kal-el... And I might release an image with them to replace the forts. I'll have to come up with two more to fill out the set.

Thanks... I'm kind of forgeting several projects that I started... it's all getting lost in my disorganized brain :)

Since neither have a death flic, what happens when it gets destroyed in-game? Does it crash? The palisade or the gun nest can't be captured if they have a defense value, so a death flic is needed.

Well, I originally requested a unit of the sort (not sure if this was the one made in reply, or if it was Womoks' one) because I wanted an efficient way to block my border so other civs can't pass through without declaring war. (Also so I can cheat on ROPs. ^^)
Never ended up actually adding these units to the game, but that was the idea.

Top Bottom