New User

wioneo

King
I just started using BUG and I freaking love this mod, good job guys, but I've noticed a serious slow down during game loading. I installed 3.19 and BUG at the same time, so I'm not sure if BUG is the one causing the problem.

Also will the in game options reset every time that I load up Civ? I first tested the mod with an older save and spent a good while customizing all of the options...only to have everything be reset when I started a new game. I can't be bothered to spend so much time customizing the Domestic Advisor for every single game/startup...

I'm assuming that there would be an editable ini file? and I'll look for one, but I'd think being able to save the settings from in game would be much easier considering the number of options.

EDIT: Can I use 1s and 0s instead of typing true/false? Laziness abounds...
EDIT:: After further inspection it looks like all of the options have been saved :eek: Wonder what happened the first time...First question was more important anyways.

I just started using BUG and I freaking love this mod, good job guys, but I've noticed a serious slow down during game loading. I installed 3.19 and BUG at the same time, so I'm not sure if BUG is the one causing the problem.

I have tested BUG's loading time a few times, and each time it adds about a quarter second to the standard loading time. I do feel that 3.19 loads a little slower, but I've been restarting civ constantly to work on new stuff lately and sometimes get impatient.

BUG's main cause of slowness is when you have large stacks of units. The plot list graphics we've added (mission tag, upgrade and promo indicators, and move bar) do have a small price, especially noticeable when you are merely selecting different units within the stack. You can disable some of those elements on the BUG Options Screen if it's too painful.

Also will the in game options reset every time that I load up Civ? . . . I can't be bothered to spend so much time customizing the Domestic Advisor for every single game/startup...

The settings on the BUG Options Screen are saved when you close the window, but the CDA settings are only saved when you click the Save button on the CDA customization view. I agree this can be painful if you've done a lot of customizing. There is an outstanding feature request to make this screen more user friendly, and hopefully I'll be able to do something for it soon.

Can I use 1s and 0s instead of typing true/false? Laziness abounds...

Yes, these values are considered on in the INI files (case is ignored): true, yes, t, y, on, 1. Anything else is off.

Thank you, the garrish slowness seems to have been decreasing steadily, but as you noted I still notice a difference. It has gotten manageable now though.

Top Bottom