New World Map scenerios

CivFanCCS

Warlord
Two new world maps..

First one has 15 civs all starting in old world in real world starting locations. Second one has all civs starting with three cities and two workers.

These will work with the latest beta 2.x

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CivFanCCS.7z
    39.5 KB · Views: 113
So after a couple days playing the 3 City map as England, and a couple auto AI runs I have a few changes that need to be made.

First, Persia is way over powered starting wise. I'm moving Pasagardae, located north-west of the capitol, two tiles east and one tile north, to set on the sea. This will take away the initial wheat resource and replace it with a pig resource. Howerver that pig resource is actually changing to a sheep resource.

This map was based on Rhye's random resource and start locations (50 dll max). So some of the resources are a bit off. I spent a few hours adjusting and adding realism to the map, but some like pigs in the desert is a bit off.

Overall the map plays really well. I need to find a way in the rev. config files to limit revolutions to only cities beyond the first three, or otherwise have an entire national revolution. I really dislike when 1 city breaks off and forms it's own nation. Although in my game a viking city broke off and then rejoined them 30 turns later. If anyone can help with this it would be appreciated.

After I get this one done, I'm going to start on either a 1300's, colonization map OR a 1950's cold war map. So if anyone has a preference let me know, but I'm kinda leaning 1950's cold-war. I'm also going to look up scripting syntax for civ 4, I think it's python and do some of what Dale and Rhye did but to a lesser extent. As for this I can look up the syntax no prob. but what classes and enumerations do what I need to study up on if anyone modder has a good bookmark list that would be helpful.

I'll post the updated 3-city map in a bit.

New 3-City World map, I'll post the single city later this week.

Change log:

I moved a persian city after playtesting the map quite a bit. Persia was overpowered, see above post.

Most of the changes have to do with resource placement and type. Rice is now prevelent in asia, horses and ivory are no longer in the America's, and Ireland has some potatos. Northern California got some hemp, Australia some gems, Mexico received a large helping of silver and central America got a silo full of corn. I also added in some barb cities to halve European expansion.

All civilizations start with 3 connected cities. I connected them with pathways to help prevent early revolutions. For the most part this has worked pretty well. I have a few more auto runs to go through before I am happpy with this map but all is looking good.

Attachments

• ROM-AND-3-CITY.7z
    33.5 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom