• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Newbie Questions - Ask here and get Answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need the original Civ3 to play PTW or do I only have to buy the PTW-CD?

Yes, in fact you need Civ 3 to be installed first, then you have to install PTW and only need PTW CD to play.
You can not install PTW if Civ 3 is not already installed.

How do you play regular Civ3 off the PTW CD?

Renata

Originally posted by Renata
How do you play regular Civ3 off the PTW CD?

Renata
You don't.

You can still play regular civ3 once PTW is installed as PTW doesn't effect the vanilla install. You will of course need to insert the civ3 CD when you run it though.

What will happend with UN vote if I raze the City with UN? I have captured it three times but it goes back to chinise via cultur flip.

The UN wil be destroyed/gone, so there will be no opportunity for the vote to take place

Is there such thing as a Batch Unit Upgrade in PTW? Upgrading unit by unit is not much fun when you have a 100 to 200 units. So just a question I thought I would ask to save time.

SHIFT-U to mass upgrade. All units must be in a city with barracks/harbor/airport, enough money, resources, etc...

To airlift you need to be in a city with an airport (characterized by an airport symbol near the city) and press "T". It'll become a crosshairs and you can airlift to another city with an airport.

You have to activate one unit of the type you want to mass-upgrade first (and click shift-U with it activated), though, and you have to have enough gold to upgrade *all* of the ones in connected cities with barracks - if the upgrade cost for all the eligible units is 1000 gold and you have 999 the game won't just upgrade all-but-one.

@anarres - thanks for the response. I misunderstood what the previous few posts were implying.

Renata

dariusII,

Ask what you want to know. I don't know of any threads but we will probably have the answers you are looking for. :)

No, but there is a different upgrade path for swordsmen. And then there is the new wonder, and city and terrain improvements. The game isn't really a lot different, but now there's multiplayer.

Re: Starvation

Well, at the risk of asking obvious (and obviously dumb) questions:

1) In a well-developed city (not a newly conquered one), if starvation occurs, should alarm bells go off & I should address it asap?

2) Does it mean I need to switch a few tiles from mines to irrigated? Bonus tiles or regular?

3) Does it have a negative effect on the rest of the population, like the draft? (I think I have seen WLTKD occur after a pop reduction so maybe not.)

In other words, how serious should I take starvation in my well-established, main cities?

Thanks.

I apologize if this is a repeat issue.

I am making the jump from Civilizatio CTP to Civilization 3 and just cannot get a good start. My cities fail to grow and when they do within a couple of turns I end up with dis-order. I am also running into a problem with starvation in almost all cities. I am producing workers but no mater how much I irrigate the problem remain. Any tips here? I want to give Civ 3 a chance becuase I played CTP almost daily, am I running into a situation here that others have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom