• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Newbie Questions - Ask here and get Answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shabbaman
I can not beleive you could answer this question, have you tried that before ?
You guys have much too many great leaders.

No, I didn't. But there's no reason why the FP shouldn't stay. It's a small wonder. The rules of logic ;)
No, really, a lot of people have been toying with FP and palace placement and stuff. Of course, you can try it yourself: just save the game before you use a leader (you should do this anyway, just in case you press 'build army'...), try whatever you want and then reload.
Anyway, trying to relocate your FP by building your capital in the FP city is somewhat laborious. If you're able to relocate the palace, what's the problem?

Hey, I'm having trouble adding units to PTW.. I've had no trouble adding units before i got PTW. Do I have to do some thing different? I've added the units to the civiii/ptw/art/units folder, is that right? Do i have to use specail PTW units? I keep getting this message when I try to start building the new unit - File not found "Art\Units\\.INI... Can someone help me out? Cheers..

sjpashler,

That is a question for the C&C forum. :)

Originally posted by JMK
Shabbaman
I can not beleive you could answer this question, have you tried that before ?
You guys have much too many great leaders.

I can confirm it certainly DOES stay when the Palace 'jumps' to the FP city. Therefore the assumption that it also stays when the Palace is 'built' there seems apprpriate.

And no, I didn't mean to jump my Palace to the FP city....

Originally posted by Shabbaman
The FP stays.
IIRC, sabo10 has posted a screenie showing ai capitol city display with FP/P placed in.
So I assume this rule does apply to human player, too.

:lol: That happened once. I was fighting the Egyptians and taking out their cities and the palce kept jumping. I investigated a city on the ariel view and saw the palace and the FP in the same city!

:confused: Why does the science advisor say "The [civ name] spaceship has been destroyed!" when I capture their capital? I thought it was only when you raze the capital that the spaceship gets destroyed.

Yes, the spaceship gets destroyed once the capital is captured. Spaceships have to be built in the capital, the city that has the palace. When the city is captured, the palace moves to another city. Apparantly the game design believes that spaceship parts are not stored in the palace. :D

No, you cannot.

Smaa Wonders and Great Wonders cannot be hurried other than leaders. This means no rushbuilding, no rushing something else then switching to the wonder, no logging, no disbanding units, none of that stuff.

How does spaceship victory work?
Immediately following a spaceship launch, or is there a delay while the spaceship is "in transit"?

Can someone tell me, or at least point me in the right direction, to what the demo game is all about? I've had a look at the threads but I dont understand how you pay it.

I don't know for sure, but from what I gather, you get a group of people together and vote on what to do. I think some people get 20 turns or so, but that may be the sucession games.

Its a way to do multiplayer without having a multiplaying game.

Brave Sir Eric, don't mix up the whole of the demogame with the demogame rpg. The actual demogame is indeed some form of SG, but there's a structure which provides a way of decision making. In fact, all participants vote for representatives, and those people do the actual playing of the game. Everybody can participate and everybody can get elected. Each election term is one month, so there are monthly elections.

The demogame rpg is related to the demogame. The participants each take a role, and play that (that's what a rpg is, right?)
Each 'turn chat' (where the 'government' decides what to do), about 2 to 3 a week, you get a certain salary. You can get this salary by signing up for the demogame rpg in the rpg forum.

For more questions, there's a demogame faq, and there's also a rpg faq somewhere buried in the forum. The people there wil gladly help you.

Thanks Turner_727 and Shabbaman. I'll try and find the faq.

btw Shabbaman, nice location :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom