Newbie Questions - ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the recommended format for a personal avatar? I tried uploading a jpeg, but it was over 4086 bytes. I shrank it down, and tried to get it to the lowest quality/lowest file size, but then the thing just looked like s@#t.

What's the best way to go about this? (sorry, I looked in FAQ, but didn't see my answer).

Originally posted by hbdragon88

Sometimes, however, it can be on accident. I once wanted to ask Catherine what she'd offer for Saltpeter, and I accidentally press "Please accept this gift"

There is no undo option; you have to ride it out for 20 turns. But I am familiar with reloading (don't get started). Be careful about it, because sometime the autosaved game may have saved after you have made the deal. Then yoiu have to go back another year, and that is a huge pain.

that is exactly why reloading after slip-of-the-mouse is widely accepted! :D

Raijer:

do the following: use a program such as PaintShopPro, load the pic, then choose 'resize image' (or whatever function does the same job in the program of your choice).

Then, you usually can set the exact pixels size you want. Save as *.gif.

allowed size:
65x65 pixels and size limit is 4 KB.
check that the pic is NOT larger. Then upload ;)

if you can't do this, mail the pic to me, I'll resize and upload it and mail you the upload name ;)

Aggie: read up on some of the OCC reports you cna find all over the fora. Storied and Tales might be a good starting point. Sadly, OCC is too short for the search, as is One, but try City and challange and restrict the search to the titles OR to stories and Tales and so on. Good Luck!

What does precision bombing do exactly? I was expecting to be able to choose the city improvements to be targeted, but that didn't happen. It seemed like a regular bombing raid.

Also, what do cruise missles do? I thought i heard someone say they were great for taking out enemy conscripts. I thought they were just bombard weapons that couldn't actually take anything out. (I wish they were like the cruise missles in Civ2, those kicked serious booty!)

Originally posted by imagod284
Also, what do cruise missles do? I thought i heard someone say they were great for taking out enemy conscripts. I thought they were just bombard weapons that couldn't actually take anything out. (I wish they were like the cruise missles in Civ2, those kicked serious booty!)

Finishing off enemy conscripts:rotfl:
No, they suck. They do have lethal bombardment vs. ships IIRC.
If you want to move a cruise missile onto a transport, you have to do it manually (iow move it from the land to the transport at sea)

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aggie: read up on some of the OCC reports you cna find all over the fora. Storied and Tales might be a good starting point. Sadly, OCC is too short for the search, as is One, but try City and challange and restrict the search to the titles OR to stories and Tales and so on. Good Luck!

In particular, look for Sullla's low scoring challenge. Sullla attempted to get the lowest score, with a win, on a GOTM, and ended up using OCC strategy to achieve this. Although you won't necessarily want to drag out the game to lower your score, as Sullla wanted, all of Sullla's tactics are very helpful - essential even - to OCC play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom