Newbie Questions

To be fair, Caste System is a (re-)addition of my modmod and not a civic in regular DoC. Also I imagine that pre-industrial UHVs are quite a bit harder than later ones as I buffed later buildings and nerfed earlier ones. In fact I failed all my own attempts at an Indian UHV in Dawn of Knoedel, no matter the civics. :lol: IIRC the only UHVs I did accomplish in DoC were Egypt and Babylon, but only because I played them so often since they are rather short games.

I hope I can get some work done on DoK during the easter holidays, but my failed attempt at compiling DoC's DLL a month ago really stopped me in my tracks for a while.

Oh, I didn't realize how much you had changed! I've also completed Egypt and Babylon, and failed with India. I'm attempting Russia, but I've fallen far behind in tech... I followed the 1.12 UHV Paragon strategy from JustAnotherNerd to just focus on stealing techs through espionage. If I was ever going to try the spy game, it was going to be with Russia ;) Did you change much with espionage/tech stealing?

Oh, I didn't realize how much you had changed! I've also completed Egypt and Babylon, and failed with India. I'm attempting Russia, but I've fallen far behind in tech... I followed the 1.12 UHV Paragon strategy from JustAnotherNerd to just focus on stealing techs through espionage. If I was ever going to try the spy game, it was going to be with Russia ;) Did you change much with espionage/tech stealing?

Nope, didn't touch espionage at all, but I did basically remove half of the civics and replace them with something different, especially the labor category is completely revamped. This is only fitting, considering it was Leoreth's... uhm... treatment... of Central Planning which originally got me to make my own modmod in the first place. Other things I changed are units, buildings and improvements. Civilizations, their spawns, cores etc., the stability system, victories, those are all unchanged though.

Can't comlete 1rst UHV on Khmer. I do not have time to learn philosophy. Even if you have time, you do not have time to build Wat Preah Pisnulok. 1200 AD is a VERY short deadline.
So it should be?

OK. I think I understand. Sailing=>calendar=>alphabet, and discovery philosophy by GS :)

Cool well done. Didn't realise it was a GS but yeah, usually with goals like that Great People help, same with the culture and wonder targets you're usually best using an artist or engineer to achieve rather than building.

Top Bottom