1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Kakafika, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Kakafika

Kakafika Chieftain

Oh, I didn't realize how much you had changed! I've also completed Egypt and Babylon, and failed with India. I'm attempting Russia, but I've fallen far behind in tech... I followed the 1.12 UHV Paragon strategy from JustAnotherNerd to just focus on stealing techs through espionage. If I was ever going to try the spy game, it was going to be with Russia ;) Did you change much with espionage/tech stealing?

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Nope, didn't touch espionage at all, but I did basically remove half of the civics and replace them with something different, especially the labor category is completely revamped. This is only fitting, considering it was Leoreth's... uhm... treatment... of Central Planning which originally got me to make my own modmod in the first place. Other things I changed are units, buildings and improvements. Civilizations, their spawns, cores etc., the stability system, victories, those are all unchanged though.

3. Tratatushki

Tratatushki Chieftain

Can't comlete 1rst UHV on Khmer. I do not have time to learn philosophy. Even if you have time, you do not have time to build Wat Preah Pisnulok. 1200 AD is a VERY short deadline.
    So it should be?

4. The Green One

The Green One Chieftain

Have you tried bulbing philosophy from a great prophet instead?

5. Tratatushki

Tratatushki Chieftain

GP give divine right. GS - philosophy (if u don't know it - u get alphabet)

6. Tratatushki

Tratatushki Chieftain

OK. I think I understand. Sailing=>calendar=>alphabet, and discovery philosophy by GS :)

7. The Green One

The Green One Chieftain

Cool well done. Didn't realise it was a GS but yeah, usually with goals like that Great People help, same with the culture and wonder targets you're usually best using an artist or engineer to achieve rather than building.