News: BOTM 101 --Starts Feb 10--

Excellent point. On Immortal, currency should pay great dividends and we'd have the tech rate to score a lot of coins. Domino effect.

Hey, maybe we should just play this one as a one-month SG! Takers? See informally how we do against the rest. I'll surely never finish it, playing by myself. I start them, play a half hour and that's it.

Play it completely on your own Lowther :) . If we play as a team that's at least 3 competitors less in this GOTM, if Wastin', you and me play on ourselves though, that'll make a great competition for Rusten and all other players :) . You can find additional motivation once you reach 1 AD in the spoiler thread, it has a lot of posts already so there seems to be some good discussion. You also have won enough golden laurels already and I'm very sure that I'm not the only one that would like to see how well you do when playing as Team LC and not as TSR or Anti-TSR :) . When I seek motivation to play on, I also write towards my friends, you can write to me, Wastin or even try to get "the broken clock" (Mitchum :D :D :D ) into the competition. If the game isn't interesting enough anymore for you by itself, maybe you can find a way to make it more interesting again :) . For me, getting an Ephtalon was a good motivation and once I played the first two GOTM's, I found joy in the challenge of adapting towards settings I'm not used to and compete against players that play competetively very long already and that I didn't know yet :) . Maybe you'll find something while playing that you don't know yet!

Yeah, I woke up thinking that a private SG was not in the best interests of BOTM. ;) Maybe I'll just upload my incomplete game, if I remember.

We're assuming we're in the SE corner because of the river flow, right? Rivers tend to converge toward the inland lake, right? Almost could be NW too. Hard to know for sure.

@ DynamicSpirit:

Settlint on the corn is absolutely ok. The benefits of the Silver are minor as LowtherCastle already layed out, because Silver is just the weakest of all metals while FIN are the best of all Cottages, but a 3 :food: centre and wet Corn is defintiely worth missing out the fresh-water. I'll probably still SIP because I want to have that FP and especially the Gems and more river-tiles. It'll depend very much on the type of victory I'll go for though. I. e. Space would want one definitely want to get the best :commerce: while researchfor domination isn't that important, so chosing :food: , Forests and hills would be adviseable then.

Thx! And to LowtherCastle for the replies.

So as I see it there are four choices to settle:
  • By the two corns to get max. food
  • On the dry corn to get quick worker build, a bit less food, and silver (but might not be as good a capital long term)
  • In place to get less food again but the very powerful grassland-gems
  • 1NE to lose a turn but get gems AND silver.
What a choice! They all look tempting in different ways, and I still have no idea what I'll do when I open the save. This has to be one of the cleverest starting areas I've seen in a long time.

Normally I don't play immortal - I regard it as too hard. But I think the imaginative scenario and clever start is likely to tempt me this time.

So as I see it there are four choices to settle:
  • By the two corns to get max. food
  • On the dry corn to get quick worker build, a bit less food, and silver (but might not be as good a capital long term)
  • In place to get less food again but the very powerful grassland-gems
  • 1NE to lose a turn but get gems AND silver.
1W looks reasonable to me as well.
Lose: a turn, dry grass hill, dry plains, wet plains, 2 wet grass forests
Gain: 2 wet mystery tiles (flood plains and grass forest?), wet plains, wet plains forests, wet grass
So, I think it is roughly exchanging a hill for a flood plains. I don't think it is good because of too little production. Also delays the happiness from silver.
NE or SIP are a lot better.

never mind

Are the AIs also at permanent war with the Doctor? I was wondering if offering a bribe to an AI to sign peace was considered illegal, or if it just would not work at all?

Are the AIs also at permanent war with the Doctor? I was wondering if offering a bribe to an AI to sign peace was considered illegal, or if it just would not work at all?

You may bribe AI to peace with a minor civ. Not sure about AP/UN resolutions if they can affect your relationship with the minor civ.

But if the game lets you do it, and its not on the banned exploits list (this isn't) then it is legal.

Top Bottom