[BTS] News: BOTM 131 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
This was an unusual game - immortal difficulty but on a very tiny map, which theoretically ought to have made it easier (but you never really know until the results come in)

In the event we saw a good few victories - of which lymond secured by far the most impressive date: Fastest conquest in 475 AD - impressive considering you had to cross seas to reach all the AIs. The closest date was Jovan Kukic, in 1000 AD. LowtherCastle managed the gold medal and the cow, with a 1715 AD conquest victory (yes, conquest was popular this month!) His base score of 26009 was absolutely out of this world. I can't recall ever seeing a base score so huge! deckhand also got a remarkably high base score with his 1886 AD space win. (Not sure if the tiny map size did something to the base scores?)

Anyway, congrats to everyone who played and especially those who won on such a hard difficulty level.

Summary of Medal Winners:

LowtherCastle: 1715 AD Conquest Victory, 747,093 points.

Pangaea: 1410 AD Conquest Victory, 289,444 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1000 AD Conquest Victory, 267,272 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

lymond: 475 AD Conquest Victory, 242,984 points.

deckhand: 1886 AD Spaceship Victory, 234,491 points.

MeowZeDung: 1755 AD Diplomatic Victory, 112,575 points.

High King J.J.: 1828 AD Religious Victory, 65,888 points.

Other Award Winners:

Kime11: 1832 AD Conquest Victory, 103,227 points.

greatbeyond: 1954 AD Diplomatic Victory, 30,358 points.

sirdanilot: 1928 AD Diplomatic Loss, 6,638 points.

donsig: 1993 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,963 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Most people unsurprisingly went for settle-in-place, apart from greatbeyond, who clearly felt quite a sense of adventure at the start!

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Yes! Finally a silver. I've wanted to taste that for years :lol:

(Not sure if the tiny map size did something to the base scores?)
It's surely because some victories were turned off, crucially including domination, meaning people could fill out the entire land and leave an island city left, and milk score to their desires. I'm just going to assume that is what happened. I thought about it too, but there simply wasn't time, so I had to get any win I could before the deadline.

Congratulations to especially lymond and Lowthercastle. Very impressive early conquest on a map like this! :yup:

It's surely because some victories were turned off, crucially including domination, meaning people could fill out the entire land and leave an island city left, and milk score to their desires. I'm just going to assume that is what happened. I thought about it too, but there simply wasn't time, so I had to get any win I could before the deadline.

That is true. However, I would've thought the tiny map size ought to mean that, even if a player does that, they will probably still have a smaller total population than they'd get by staying just below the domination limit on a standard size map - because there just isn't enough land to get up to more usual population levels. In fact, this map had 246 land tiles - typically in a GOTM there might be 800-1200 land tiles. Hence my puzzlement at the super-high scores

Hmm. That may actually be favourable, given the score was likely achieved by Sushi and massive population. I think it's relative to land in some way, so perhaps an exceedingly high pop compared to land yields a higher score than in normal circumstances.

Watch out Asterix :D

BOTM-silver.png

You're going to have to be very careful that you don't accidentally get a gold medal!

That's what I keep trying to achieve :D Maybe one day, when everybody else have stopped playing :think:

Top Bottom