[BTS] News: BOTM 257 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
I think I'm allowing deity to become too easy - far too many of you are managing to win at it! But my hat most goes off to @Dhoomstriker - who was the only one to risk the challenger save with its barbarian threat. Despite this handicap, Dhoomstriker secured the bronze medal with a 1665 AD diplo win (not the fastest - that honour went to @hhhawk in 1520 AD). @Powerfaker and @Bemep42 grabbed the top gold and silver spots with two domination victories, while there were also a couple of cultural attempts, with @neilmeister getting the fastest in 1570 AD. Special mention to @donsig for being brave enough to play through to a conquest defeat.

Deity is tough - so well done everyone who attempted this:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Powerfaker: 1430 AD Domination Victory, 371,365 points.

Bemep42: 1620 AD Domination Victory, 369,161 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1655 AD Diplomatic Victory, 246,381 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

hhhawk: 1520 AD Diplomatic Victory, 172,017 points.

neilmeister: 1570 AD Cultural Victory, 75,926 points.

Other Award Winners:

Donald Duck1: 1800 AD Domination Victory, 153,786 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1635 AD Cultural Victory, 63,957 points.

donsig: 550 BC Conquest Loss, 218 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. No big surprises, although @Dhoomstriker made an unusual trade-off: Sacrificing the commerce from a worked gold tile in order to get a hill and faster start (both perhaps more important for the challenger save)

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congrats to everyone who played. For me, a tough one. I learned a lot, and will likely forget it all before the next embarrassing defeat.:p

Congratulations to all the winners!
Silver again ((( All I had to do for the gold was to capture the ex-Babylonian city from Alexander either before the conclusion of peace or in 1 turn before the end of the game...

Top Bottom