News: FFHOTM 01 Saves Available

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Vulcans, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

ferion forums doesn't seem to allow uploading .civ4WorldBuilderSave files

yes, i am already in the process of re-installing everything. hopefully we can get this to work. this might take some time, oh what a sunny saterday afternoon.

2. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

i have put the WB file here:
    http://files-upload.com/files/473927/GOTM01contender.Civ4WorldBuilderSave

it was probably some version problem, as my old files don't seem to work anymore after re-installing ffh. hopefully we can copy the text from the old save to salvage the map. i spent many hours making a very interesting map, and it would be a shame if it became unusable.

3. Tristam Izumi

Tristam Izumi Chieftain

Best of luck salvaging the map. I'm looking forward to improving my semi-weak strategies by comparing them to others.

Gotta head to bed now, as it's the butt-crack of dawn where I am...

4. Fenham Dave

Fenham Dave Chieftain

Cant get the WB file to work at all.

Hope the salvage operation goes smoothly.

5. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I downloaded the saves from the first post and had the same problem. It is a problem with incompatible versions of one of the components due to "lock modified assets" being activated in the save. I've got civ iv version 1.74, ffh version 2.023c and smarter orc version 1.14, all completely unchanged from install. Are these the right versions?

I also tried civ iv version 1.61 (I've got a dual install) and it didn't work either.

Downloaded the world builder save and civ iv just hangs while trying to load it. Definately something weird going on.

6. Ozbenno

I did a bit more scratching around...

The world builder save is corrupted (whether this is the problem or not I don't know). I opened it up in notebook to have a look and noticed that it didn't have valid end of file text, it just seemed to have been cut off. It may have been the download service (you can use the CFC easy upload) though. I downloaded twice to be sure but both files were the same.

7. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

it's funny how the saves worked fine on my machine before i re-installed ffh.
    even the old versions from a few weeks ago don't work anymore.

my WB files end with :
    ### Sign Info ###

what else is it supposed to end with?
    all versions end with that, irrespective of if they work or not

8. giddion

giddion Crusader

Vulcans you should just post a test save now that you have re-installed it all, you would hate for it to happen again after putting in heaps of effort on the map.

When do you think a new one could be ready? a couple of days?

Thanks.

9. Ozbenno

Didn't end with that. As I said, it may have been a download problem (tried it twice though).

10. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

Could someone please check this Test game.

It'll take a few days to create a new map. unfortunatly i have some other commitments this weekend, but i'll put some work into it to add the details, and run a couple of quick tests. i'll keep you informed when i have a opening screen shot.

11. Ozbenno

12. tharg

tharg Warlord

I can load Test_game_AD_0001.Civ4Save, the only problme is that I am Balseraphs:eek: Persumably playing as Balseraphs would invalidate playing as Valledia later:confused:

What to do?

13. Tristam Izumi

Tristam Izumi Chieftain

I think he was just making that save as a proof of concept that he *can* make saves that we can all open, so he doesn't have a repeat of yesterday. I can also load the game, but I was also able to enter WB on that save, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to be locked.

Vulcans, thanks for putting so much effort into getting this thing up and running. Don't worry about taking a few days getting it back together, especially if you have other stuff to do. I'm sure we can all be patient 'til you're done.

14. The Tyrant

The Tyrant Prince

Vulcans, I would like to second that. Thank you for putting in the effort on this, and by all means, take your time. I'm willing to wait for quality.

EDIT: Uh, oh. I'm new to FfH (have been playing each race once to get the hang of them) and so haven't been using Smarter Orcs yet. I just went to d/l and found that I can only d/l version 0.15. If the game is set for version 0.14 and assets locked, I probably will have to sit this one out.

15. giddion

giddion Crusader

On the first page is a link to 0.14

16. The Tyrant

The Tyrant Prince

Doh! :blush: Thank you.

17. tharg

tharg Warlord

I stilll get “The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed”.

The only difference is that after trying to open the save file, it returns to the main menue rather than closing the Civ4 process.

18. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

yes, this map didn't work. i figured i can't salvage the game. so i made a new map. opening shot in reloaded FFHOTM thread. in GOTM tradition we'll have a couple of days to discuss opening moves, and then i'll post the game in a new thread on friday night for everyone to get stuck into on the weekend