1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: TSG109 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Acken

Acken Chieftain

I'm not seeing any great source of faith and Fractal can give a terrible map with different continents. I'd advise against it.

2. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

3. vadalaz

vadalaz Chieftain

Yeah Futurism into Hotels seems like a good idea, especially if you get several DOFs for the great people bonus. SS is too risky on these settings, you could get an Admiral from Liberty and go tundra faith I guess, but that means late Reformation and there might not be enough space to settle anyway...

4. ssjos

ssjos Chieftain

In my test game for SS I had trouble getting two religous buildings. Seems like lots of things can go wrong for SS.

But concerning two continents, cant you just wait to get discovered by the AI? I guess they should have pretty solid tech rate on Immortal.

5. XaW

XaW Chieftain

Just signed up, but been a lurker for a while. Going to give this a try, but since I don't have any wins on Immortal yet I don't think it's going to be successful. Still, it'll be a good learning experience.

6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to CivFanatics and GoTM! :wavey:

Learning is what we are all about with Game of the Month. Play and then read how others handled it. Ask questions and learn from the experience of others. We hope you enjoy the games, and the improvement over the series. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

7. Maxerman

Maxerman Chieftain

Played the last game of the month, so this is only my second, and only my third ever BNW game in fact. Excited to start playing this series of games regularly. Not sure how well I'll do on immortal either, never done on BNW yet. Also, never won a cultural victory in BNW yet. I'll have to see if I can handle it. Also, my first forum post. Nice to meet you all. :)

8. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to CivFanatics and GOTM. :wavey:

After playing, please check out the Opening Action (can read after you have completed about 100 turns) and the After Action (you can read after you submit your completed game) threads. Then you can see what others did and compare your strategy.
    Best of luck in your game. :viking: