• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

News: WOTM16 Pre-game Discussion

I'd be interested to know which terrain types can spawn a Horse Resource in this kind of a crazy map.

Does anyone know how big of a Lake will we need in order for a city to be able to build our Cothons?

Moving 2W might be a viable settling option. You will still keep two of the Corn, the Gems, and will be on a source of Fresh Water. You'll also get a Plains Hills River square that can be mined (the starting location). If Stone is abundant, you may end up with a source of it that isn't covered with Forest. You would likely get at least one more Resource, judging by the blue circle, otherwise the blue circle should appear on the Desert square 1W of our Settler's starting location. Finally, you'd still be able to have a decent second city just north of the visible Stone, which would be on a River, would get the Flood Plains square and the other Corn, and also would be on a blue circle.

Dhoomstriker: Just about any resource is liable to appear on just about any terrain type on Fantasy Realm, that's one reason its so fun :)

Hummm - leaving the barbs (no GW) could be better for Conquest. The easy promos will be good too. You just need some metal ,you know, to surrvive.

Hummm - leaving the barbs (no GW) could be better for Conquest. The easy promos will be good too. You just need some metal ,you know, to surrvive.
You can always go out for a walk, you know.

I'm definitely settling on the stone and building the Great Wall. But you have to do this perfectly, or else you're fodder for barbs

Settling on the stone - good idea. But barbs will attack you just after 2700BC.
And you must research some tech to develop your civ: farm, BW, animal, road, masonry. So you do not have enough time to build GW before first barbs attack.
It's a problem.

I'm definitely settling on the stone and building the Great Wall. But you have to do this perfectly, or else you're fodder for barbs

My idea too. No matter what the resources around the capital, the 3hammers I get from settling there will allow me to get a quick worker, quick wall and then quick settlers to try and find nice spots. Without the wall, large land mass, raging barbs on emperor is just next to impossible!

If you don't go for the great wall straight away anyway, I'd guess the game is very hard indeed. Just build a warrior (or two) first and stay inside the hill city. I'd guess you'd get through long enough for building the GW...

Settling on the stone - good idea. But barbs will attack you just after 2700BC.
And you must research some tech to develop your civ: farm, BW, animal, road, masonry. So you do not have enough time to build GW before first barbs attack.
It's a problem.

Moderator Action: Do NOT post in the pre-game thread once you have started the game!!!

Wow - 10 March. I might actually have time to finish this one. :)

Looks like challenger start, fastest conquest might be fun.

I will probably skip the GW. I can use those 375 hammers for 5 extra archers instead, which should be enough to handle the barbs, and pick up some extra XP (and AI workers...) into the bargain.

More importantly, I can settle in place, beeline BW, mine the gems, and see if Thrallia has left any copper out for us.

Created a few test maps and it seems quite possible for there to be no copper, iron or horses accessible from the start - so the first war might be with cats (only)! But with a financial leader starting on a river, that shouldn't take too long from the gems and +3 :commerce: cottages.

@Thrallia - great first map! :goodjob:

Top Bottom