• Sumer

Votes: 76 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope they at least do a Livestream to go with the new civ this week.

Aww shucks. Guess we are going for wednesday again (not that we are entiteld to a reveal though :p). Maybe they want to establish a new routine now that they only reveal once per week.

Aww shucks. Guess we are going for wednesday again (not that we are entiteld to a reveal though :p). Maybe they want to establish a new routine now that they only reveal once per week.

Yeah **** routine for last four civs (as they will probably announce dlc civ differently anyway)

Well, I hope they at least do a Livestream to go with the new civ this week.

I bet this is the thing.

So maybe a civ with some mechanic, which is then played at a twitch stream.

Espionage and Army and corps system is yet to be seen, as with pretty much all renaissance and beyond gameplay.

Yeah **** routine for last four civs (as they will probably announce dlc civ differently anyway)

It actually fits with the weeks until release if they want to reveal one civ per week and multiple leaders mechanics in the last.

Then again, we are still missing things like ideologies, victory conditions, espionage and even details on corps and support units.

Then again, we are still missing things like ideologies, victory conditions, espionage and even details on corps and support units.

I don't think ideologies will be in the game, at least not in their civ5 form. We already know the details about all the victory conditions. We got a screenshot of espionage that gives us a little bit of an idea of how it works. We don't have info on corps but we have seen some early game support units like the siege tower in gameplay.

I don't think ideologies will be in the game, at least not in their civ5 form. We already know the details about all the victory conditions. We got a screenshot of espionage that gives us a little bit of an idea of how it works. We don't have info on corps but we have seen some early game support units like the siege tower in gameplay.

None of that was official though, and it originates from sources that were supposed to not be shown beyond industrial age, because incomplete. :p
Oh yeah, forgot about rams and siege tower.

It actually fits with the weeks until release if they want to reveal one civ per week and multiple leaders mechanics in the last.

Unless they want to show full prerelease build to press, which they usually do. In this case they need to show 2 civs per week minimum. IIRC, in previous cases all civs were revealed a month before release.

Unless they want to show full prerelease build to press, which they usually do. In this case they need to show 2 civs per week minimum. IIRC, in previous cases all civs were revealed a month before release.

In BNW Shoshone and Venice were uncovered two weeks before release.

Well, tomorrow is 1 month till launch, so by your theory, it will be a 5 civ extravaganza.

Well, tomorrow is 1 month till launch, so by your theory, it will be a 5 civ extravaganza.
Well, 4 civs actually for base game. But, still, I wouldn't argue with 4 art once. Or two at once and two next Wednesday would be fine as well.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

In BNW Shoshone and Venice were uncovered two weeks before release.

Thanks. That's actually good to hear. This means I remember it wrong and developers could be still on their schedule.

Maybe that comes in the expansion packs? :D

Good Lord. Imagine that: you finish renaissance era, enjoying awesome first session and wanting more, then screen turns black, cutscene cliffhanger fires, ending with the words "to be continued"... Then you don't know if you need to wait for patches, DLCs, expansions or sequels.

Yes, Mankind Divided, I look at you and your abrupt ending just when things started to get really dramatic.

That was my recollection also. With Civ V release we had almost all the info a month before release. Not sure why things are different this time. New marketing director? Not sure.

Well, we can't blame an American holiday or a game show for no First Look video so I have no idea why Firaxis didn't put one out this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom