Next War PBEM

Knoedel... and your opinion is? I guess that was missing in your post! :p

[...]

However, going on with the game will only work if Eclipse and Nighthawk think we 3 have a chance against you. I do think that there is a (small) chance against you if we 3 unite. Otherwise, if one of them is not in this mood, I would just throw the towel and say "well done, Knoedel".

I do not normally think highly of opinions.

You're giving too little credit to Nighthawk, I'm sure he will be a more than adequat opponent for me after he has had some time to develop his land.

Well thanks for the compliment Knoedel, surprising to see that from you!

My opinion is that we congratulate the technical winner (Luthor) for acheiving victory according to the laid out conditions. Congrats also to Knoedel for playing us all well enough that it would lead to a 3 on 1 battle being a close fight, at least. Boo and hiss to Eclipse and I for being merely bit parts on the grand stage of this game.

I think we should let Luthor enjoy this victory, technical as it may be, and take a little break for everyone to consider next steps. I know I had a plan in place for this game, so I may have some interest in going back, but not just yet, not until I've had some time to let the technical victory settle and see if I am able to get back into the idea of playing on under the conditions we'd be playing under.

I have many many games like we all do, so part of me is just fine with letting this one be dead for now until some other games wrap up..

Soooooooo anyone ready for round two? It's sad that Eclipse is retiring from gaming, but we can always replace him with Tigranes for the ultimate drama fest. :lol:
No I'm serious, I would love it if there was another player hated so much by the rest of the world that I wouldn't have to worry about them teaming up against me.

Anyhow, how about we switch civs? Like Nighthawk would get Europa, I the Lady, Luthor Asia and Eclipse or his successor America.

Pretty please say yes you guys, this was one of the best games I ever was in and I would love a reboot with switched roles. :please:

Skimming through the read out of nostalgia when I found this gem:

It's a sad day in the Southern Empire, when all peoples with Knoedel blood in their veins must be put into slavery and worked to death. The Lady has been tracking the ancestors of a certain person who called himself "Imperator Knoedel" on the internet back in 2013. This person's actions in the interwebs caused the war between America and Austria which started the tides of warfare that brought about the situation we have today in 2114. While this mysterious person named "Knoedel" was believed to be killed in a bombing in 2014, his bloodline remained. Southern scientists have tracked his lineage to date, and it has been an amazing branching out of his family tree and the last name "Knoedel" was well known among people of the South, even causing three small cities to be named after him.

Unfortunately further DNA testing has shown that the "Knoedel" bloodline (the true name still unknown) when mated with itself causes genetic imbalance, leading to a split of super beings and deformed creatures that can only be described as inhuman. Shocked by these results and wishing to keep the peace within her empire, the Lady passed slavery into law for a period of 1 year, where those with Knoedel DNA would be enslaved and then worked literally until their death, in order to clease the Southern people of this terrible, terrible bloodline.

So what you're saying is I'm gonna get laid during the next months. :cool:

The good news is that I am still alive. The bad news is that I'm still a virgin. :lol:

Edit:
Luthor! *throws stone* Luthor! *throws book* Luthor! *throws piano*

I know it´s not that important to hurry your turns in a game this small, but would it kill you to uphold a pace of two turns per week?

:lol: :goodjob: :rotfl:

I swear this game just had the best public diplomacy.

Maybe I should compile a best of of this thread sometime.

Sorry for the late reply but I do have too many PBEM's at the moment. So I'll have to be a party pupper and decline...

Had great fun in this game though! And some bad bad experiences (Washington...)! But, all in all, it was a fun game!

Oh coooooooomeeeeee oooooooooon Luuuuuthooooooorrrr pretty pretty please with cherry on top? :please:

@Imp. Knoedel

Do you recall the adjustment to "Experience for promotions"? Well thank you very much for that!!!! I mention it because (when I can play with clear eyes) I have been playing that Next War + mod and it is absolutely SCARY GREAT! although it won't play with the Scenario itself what I've done is load that mod and a random map and right from the begining it's awesome.

So maybe we can incorporate this into the Original scenario? It will not neccessarily force fighting but make the situation of fighting VERY edge-of-your-seat

Yeaaahhh.... I have way too many PBEMs right now too. No way could I get back into this game. Even if we continued playing, my story telling would be absolutely lacking. Give it a few more months kid.

Top Bottom