Nightfang Mafia (Game Concluded)

What?

You absolute piece of sunshine, it's you isn't it?

That. It is highly convenient to have not killed or lynched ever from within our house, that way there is ample deniability and always the possibility to have your fellow house members lynch each other because at some point the last mafioso must be in the house and the vote can be steered easily.

Just thinking out loud, really.
You absolute piece of sunshine, it's you isn't it?
This is the kind of commentary that makes me want to believe I'm right about Beroli.

You don't need to lynch me tomorrow, you can kill me tonight. I really thought you were saying the truth.

Kill you tonight? Hmmm, that's a certainly interesting possibility. My kill does come back online this night. Except that I'm very nearly sure that Yako's locked in orders to control my target, should I choose to do a vig, and frankly I'm not sure I dare.

(all this assuming lynching Beroli doesn't end the game, of course)

Dusk has fallen. Do not post!

Day Five

The proceedings on the fifth day of the conference were much more muted, possibly because the delegates knew that the weight of their decisions of those of the infiltrators were weighing heavily upon them. Then, late in the day, there was a flurry of recriminations but to no effect - the delegate chosen to die even before noon was still lynched.

Beroli has died!

Spoiler for identity :
He was the Witch-hunter and a member of Great House Hlaalu.

He was not a vampire!

Final Tally
Beroli (3): JohannaK, Takhisis, Yakostovian
JohannaK (2): Beroli, Topsecret

I should note that dawn will come in a little over 21 hours from now, at 10 pm BST.

With all orders in, I am bringing dawn forward by four hours to 6 pm BST, eight hours from now.

Dawn has arrived. Update in progress...

Night Five

The night was not an easy one. The stench of death hung around the sleeping quarters and the mere handful of remaining delegates slept badly that night. As dawn approached, there was a horrible scream and JohannaK's freshly butchered corpse was found just outside his rooms.

JohannaK has died!

Spoiler for identity :
He was the Warrior and a member of Great House Redoran.

He was not a vampire!

Day Six

Yakostovian and Topsecret made their way in the main hall to find Takhisis seated lazily in what had been the chief mediator's chair of office. He had cast aside his chitin armour and hooded robes that marked him as a Barbarian of Great House Redoran. and was now wearing heavy Daedric plate engraved with the seals of Clan Quarra.

"I am feeling well-fed right now, so I will allow you to leave and spread the word of the magnificence of Clan Quarra. Begone, foolish mortals, or I will change my mind and slaughter you where you stand."

Yakostovian, a Bard of Great House Telvanni, and Topsecret, a Rogue of Great House Hlaalu, needed no second prompting and fled the chamber at once.

Spoiler for victory write-up :
Clan Quarra has won!

Victory Order

Clan Quarra - Victorious
House Hlaalu - Survived
House Telvanni - Survived
House Redoran - Eliminated
Clan Berne - Eliminated
Clan Aundae - Eliminated

Spoiler Great House Hlaalu :
The Rogue: Night: You can commute yourself, such that no one can target you in any way. You may not use this ability if you successfully used it last night.

The Assassin: Day: You may choose a target to set up an opportunity to attack them later. If you do not attack them in the following night phase, the opportunity is lost.
Night: You may attempt to kill the target you chose in the preceding day phase. If your target is a vampire, you will perish in the attempt (but may still succeed).

The Spy: Night: You can target someone to determine to which Great House they claim loyalty. This will not reveal House traitors.
Passive: If you are targeted at night, you know the name of your visitor.

Spoiler Clan Berne :
The Agent: Night: If you target someone successfully, any future lynch-votes they make against you will be discounted. If only you and one or fewer people who can vote against you remain alive at the end of the game, you can claim victory for Clan Berne.
Cover ability: As above, but this ability only affects the following day's lynch vote.

Spoiler Great House Telvanni :
The Bard: Day: You may choose to focus on the target you intend to redirect tonight. If you do so, see below.
Night: You may choose someone to have any active power they use tonight randomly redirected to another target. If you chose to focus on your target in the preceding day phase, you may choose their target instead. Your target cannot affect themselves and will not randomly target you.

The Mystic: Night: You may use one of four different one-shot powers: Follow, Track, Watch or Voyeur.
Track: learn who a player targeted, but not what action that player performed. Follow: learn what action a player performed, but not who that player targeted.
Watch: learn who targeted a player, but not what actions were performed on them. Voyeur: learn what actions were performed on a player, but not who targeted them.

The Nightblade: Night: You can stop your target from acting this phase.

Spoiler Clan Aundae :
The Sorcerer: Passive: You cannot be targeted at night, except by night kills.
Night: If you have fewer than two active cultists, you may attempt to recruit them by biting them in their sleep (they will know that they feel odd, but not why). This cannot affect other vampires or those already affected by vampiric magic.
Day: If you bit someone last night, you may now embrace them as a fledgling vampire. If successful, after the evening vote, the newborn loses access to their original power(s) and may communicate with you in private. If you fail to embrace them the day after biting, you must wait until the following day.

Spoiler Great House Redoran :
The Warrior: Night: You can target someone to protect them from being killed.

The Witch-hunter: Passive: You cannot be affected by vampiric powers (short of being brutally murdered, of course).

The Knight: Passive: When you vote during the evening lynch, your vote counts twice. In a tied vote, your side takes preference over the other.

Spoiler Clan Quarra :
The Barbarian: Passive: You can shrug off one night kill without harm.
Night: You may target someone to kill them. If you are successful and your target was not another vampire, you add 0.5 votes to your parity count for victory. E.g. if you have killed two other characters and only two other people remain in the game, you achieve victory for Clan Quarra.

Three completely disconnected vampires, only one of whom could win, I did not consider as a possibility.

Thanks for running this, Arakhor. It was a lot of fun.

It ended up being rather closer than I had expected (I thought the game would have been over by Day Five at the latest), despite the fact that House Telvanni got almost wiped out by Day Two!

I knew it when the cheeky basterd said they'd hang me tomorrow, but I was almost certain he had an accomplice and they'd win anyway.

Accomplices were Clan Aundae's thing - getting convinced to support a vampire was not.

If you'd redirected Takhisis to Topsecret, Yakostovian, then it would likely have been a three-way tie between the Great Houses instead. Even randomly, there would have been odds-on chances of that happening, but then you weren't to know.

Commiserations to AvatarKhepri for failing every night action he tried, ironically due to all three remaining survivors.

I knew it when Tak said they'd hang me tomorrow, but I was almost certain he had an accomplice and they'd win anyway.

Because you kept following him in votes, I thought you were guilty. Sorry JohannaK.

I shall remind you, Takhisis, that I really was doing homework that time. :p

Also, Avatar had pointed out Tak seemed suspicious to him, but I thought that he was pointing out his teammate or trying to distract me. I hate it when someone gives up their teammates, but turns out they weren't the same clan at all.

If I had paid better attention, I would have realized they were solo. :wallbash:

Top Bottom