Ninjas in Shogun Conquest

Vivojack

Chieftain
I apologize if this has been asked before but the forums won't let me search :(

Anyway I have ninjas in the shogun conquest and for some reason I cannot attack the AI's cities. He comes in and attacks mine all the time without declaring war (even though I can see him with my yamabushi) but I cannot attack his cities back. I can attack units out in the open, but not in cities.

I looked throught the civilopedia and did not find a city improvement or unit that prevents ninja attacks.

So does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Vivo

It might be those funky Monk units. I know that they are the only ones that can detect Ninjas. It is possible that they prevent them from attacking cities as well.

For some reason you need to declare war in order to attack citys, but I've never seen the AI use ninjas against citys in peace time.

So where do I report bugs? and has anyone else experienced what I did? I think it was because I had let the computer get pretty far ahead of me in tech so the ninjas were pretty effective against my lowly spearmen.

Originally posted by Salamandre
Btw, those monks with their 6+ mvm (road free) are also a real pain to your workers, hate them

No kidding, these guys jumoed around taking all my workers and I kept trying to keep my workers covered with units but they would move out from under them and BAM a monk would snag them. Very annoying. but challenging

I had more problems w/ enemy Yamabushis pillaging my squares, not getting my workers. One time, the first turn I declared war on the Ichijio, they sent around 10 Yamabushis at me and pillaged *every single square* surrounding two cities I controlled on their island. Lucky they only have an attack of 2. Otherwise they'd be way overpowered.

Yes yes. Those Yamabushis (aka Yumbos) are pretty kick-ass. Don't take your eyes off of them...

Yes yes. Those Yamabushis (aka Yumbos) are pretty kick-ass. Don't take your eyes off of them...

Where did you hear that? I never heard of Yamabushis being known as Yumbos?

It was the code-name during beta, since the units tended to wreak havoc. The rallying cry became "Yumbo!" Build a big enough monk arm, walk through all of Japan...

Originally posted by The_Inforcer
Where did you hear that? I never heard of Yamabushis being known as Yumbos?

Me neither.

Anyway, I think one should make a Yamabushi army, to get 9 pillages a turn :evil:

I thiink Yumbo is some sad person that just wants to cause trouble. He/she is starting to get on my nerves, so far all this persons posts have been senseless.

I just have experienced that problem with ninjas. Other civilizations attack my cities with ninjas while at peace with me, pick any unit they want to destroy (usually my yamabushis and ninjas are first to go, but sometimes they pick the most injured unit), destroyed the cities, and they took a city once (I had to admit I reloaded this time). And I could not attack their cities at peace. Once war is declared I become able to attack cities with my ninjas and pick the units to attack...

I am going to try 1.12 patch now.

I have just found out interesting facts. After the war is declared, a ninja can attack cities, and choose a target. Moreover, the target may be their Daymio! So one of the strategies could be to build up a pack of ninjas big enough to kill the tough Daymio, and attack him directly right after declaring the war. However, an army of ninjas can not, i repeat can not, attack target of choice, so it can not be used to kill kings (until all other units in the capital are dead).

Originally posted by LastMan
I have just found out interesting facts. After the war is declared, a ninja can attack cities, and choose a target. Moreover, the target may be their Daymio! So one of the strategies could be to build up a pack of ninjas big enough to kill the tough Daymio, and attack him directly right after declaring the war.

I've done that a number of times in this scenario, to great effect (though it is rather annoying and unrealistic that all cities go to ruin upon the assassination of the Daimyo -- I wish this could be modded somehow).

Top Bottom