No Americas map??

One of the newly released screenshots show several maps available (New World, New World Large, South America, and Northwest Passage). But given how this is built upon the Civ4 engine - it should most likely be open to MODs and custom maps.

I'd love to see a Rhye MOD for Colonization (the maps thus far seem to toss the Native Americans in randomized positions - Aztecs in North America?!! :confused:)

the Native Americans in randomized positions - Aztecs in North America?!! :confused:)

I hate it how civ games always do stuff like this! :cringe: Sort of like when you play the Earth map in regular civ, there's only Germanic barbarians. I'd fix it myself if I knew how to.

Nice avatar, btw.

I hate it how civ games always do stuff like this! :cringe: Sort of like when you play the Earth map in regular civ, there's only Germanic barbarians. I'd fix it myself if I knew how to.

Nice avatar, btw.

Yeah, I agree. But I'm pretty sure the game will be open to MODs. Hopefully Rhye or someone'll come up with something that'll keep the Native Americans (and maybe Europeans) closer to their actual historical locations.

Nice avatar, btw.

100% agree

But i'm sure, we'll just need to wait for a few weeks after the game release, until someone mod that
:lol:

As well as the Americas, it'd be nice to see individual maps for North and South America, Australasia and Africa. The latter might mean that we would need a Belgian Civ as well as a Portugese one!

I guess once we see what we get in Colonization we can always mod out the rest. And, who could resist the idea of FfH: Across the Silvered Seas.

Also I think we won't have to wait too long until we can play as the Aztecs...

Yupz
Frankly, one of the reason why i want to play col, is for playing the natives, and kick those agressor butt ASAP when they land

It would cool for me

One of the newly released screenshots show several maps available (New World, New World Large, South America, and Northwest Passage). But given how this is built upon the Civ4 engine - it should most likely be open to MODs and custom maps.

I'd love to see a Rhye MOD for Colonization (the maps thus far seem to toss the Native Americans in randomized positions - Aztecs in North America?!! :confused:)

Nice avatar, btw.

Yeah, I agree. But I'm pretty sure the game will be open to MODs. Hopefully Rhye or someone'll come up with something that'll keep the Native Americans (and maybe Europeans) closer to their actual historical locations.

100% agree

But i'm sure, we'll just need to wait for a few weeks after the game release, until someone mod that

As well as the Americas, it'd be nice to see individual maps for North and South America, Australasia and Africa. The latter might mean that we would need a Belgian Civ as well as a Portugese one!

I guess once we see what we get in Colonization we can always mod out the rest. And, who could resist the idea of FfH: Across the Silvered Seas.

Also I think we won't have to wait too long until we can play as the Aztecs...

Yupz
Frankly, one of the reason why i want to play col, is for playing the natives, and kick those agressor butt ASAP when they land

It would cool for me
Do not despair .....
I personally guarentee that in the first few hours of release, I'll have released a mod to add Portugal and other things. ;)
:D

@ Chuggi

There is a fix for that and it is quite simple ;) most of that kind of maps are WB saves ( I don't expect any change in Civ Col regarding that ) and they are editable via notepad ( or any text editor ). In the section that defines a civ atributes there is a slot for pointing the starting position. Just find the coordinates and put it there ;)

Top Bottom