[NO BUG] Disappearing Airplanes - Interface issue

I just finished one game. Towards the end, I built a couple of fighters and a bomber. When I instructed the fighters to patrol above a city, they just disappeared. When I told the bomber to sleep until activated, I could see mention of the bomber if I let my pointer rest on the city, but there was no way I could activate it.

Perhaps the game goes nuts if you already have a land unit in the city? But in that case, it should simply refuse to host the aircraft there. Also, the aircraft didn't disappear/become inaccessible until I had issued an order to them.

Can you post a screenshot and a saved game? Air units are normally indicated by a number showing over the city name. If you click the number you should get a menu to select individual air units in the city.

Wait til you try to load missiles on a nuclear sub. It will take the first one, but after that your missiles just sorta hover over the ocean and don't move with the sub, which is supposed to carry 2 missiles.

Can you post a screenshot and a saved game? Air units are normally indicated by a number showing over the city name. If you click the number you should get a menu to select individual air units in the city.

It's been so long since I posted a saved game that I have forgotten how to do it. Remind me, please?

Another late-game weirdness were that workers couldn't repair pillaged tiles - or build anything else on the intead of the pillaged improvement.

I suspect that the game testers at Firaxis never bothered to test play to an end in the modern age, and that's why we get this garbage.

To attach a file to your post, select the Edit button, then select Go Advanced and then select Manage Attachments. You can use the resulting box to browse to files on your drive and upload them here.

I guess you got it to work, since I now see your attachment.

Good! The cities with aircraft in them are London and Hastings. They are also listed in the military information. I really think the testers of this game (which has the definite possibility of being a great game) should have done a more thorough job.

Damn! I got my saves confused. The Beric one is the one with the late game weirdness where workers can't repair pillaged tiles. The one with the inacessible aircraft in London and Hastings is this one:

Attachments

• Beowulf.Civ5Save
    713.9 KB · Views: 77
I'm able to activate your air units just as Dusk said: Hastings has a number 1 above the city name and London has a 2. Clicking the number then displays a list of the air units in that city and you can select a unit from the list. Is this not working for you?

This is a weak part of the user interface. You can't select your units from the military overview. Your aircraft show as an almost invisible marker on the screen. It needs a click in small part of a busy city display just to select your aircraft.

Top Bottom