No "Load Game" in in-game menu

llamapower

Chieftain
CiVUP (Gods and Kings version .25 for my G&K enabled game) seems to take away the option to load games from the in game menu. Meaning if I want to go back to a previous save, I need to exit the game to the main menu, load all the mods again and load the save from there.

How do I get it back? This is a huge pain but I hate playing without CiVUp

I'm also running Light Touch v6 Infoaddict v19 and City Limits v3, but they aren't causing it because its there when only those mods are loaded

This is intended to work that way. Loading from ingame screws up some inner workings of the mods and can lead to some bugs that affect the game. It's easier - even if it's a pain in the ass, I agree with you there - to just load from the modmenu all the time.

Sorry ;)

PS: I guess if you don't care, there's a way to turn it back on in the options, but I wouldn't advise it ;)

Even if mods do allow the ingame load button, it's best to still go to the main menu. It's a very obscure but problematic issue many modders are likely unaware of. :)

Ha well....damn. Thanks for clearing that up tho!

If you find yourself loading a lot consider simply decreasing the difficulty by a level or two so that you don't need to reload. I thoroughly enjoy the game knowing that redoing choices isn't an option and it means that the lack of an in-game load option is no longer an issue.

I used to reload often in Civ 4, but don't anymore in Civ 5, and agree it's more fun. There's two big reasons for my change: 1) units typically take several battles to kill 2) great generals are not combat units. It wasn't fun to lose a superhero unit to 1% bad luck in Civ 1-4. I think that's one of the best parts of Civ 5.

Top Bottom