NoAIPatrol Setting and conquests.ini on Mac

Acronym

Warlord
Hi there,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've had a bit of a skim through the forums and didn't see it at first glance.

I've just dug out CivIII again on my ageing MacBook and am looking forward to injecting a new lease of life into it by playing some of the GOTM's and PBEM games.

However, I notice that the GOTM/COTM recommend setting the 'NoAIPatrol' setting to =0 in the conquests.ini file, in order to make Barbarian movement more random and consistent between players.

I've had a look and I can't find this file anywhere on my computer. Does such a file exist for the Mac version, and does the bug exist in the Mac version? If it does, can anyone tell me how to change it? Finally, will this be a problem if I were then to play a PBEM game with someone else who hasn't changed this setting - or do most players change it nowadays?

Thanks!

PS - I'm playing Civ III Complete v1.22 Rev. A.

====
EDIT: I've found the answer, kindly provided by AlanH, in a discussion rather hidden away in the General Discussion forum! For anyone that stumbles across here with the same question, find the answer here.

This is exactly the problem I'm having but the solution AlanH gives isn't working. I can't find the ~/Library/Preferences/Civilization 3 Complete/conquests.ini file.

Did it work for you?

It should be there.

Please note that ~/Library is a short hand for /Users/<your_user_id>/Library. It is NOT the /Library folder.

What version of OS X are you running? If it's Lion or Mountain Lion then your ~/Library folder is hidden.

Solution #1: Hold the Option/alt key down while selecting the Finder's Go menu, then you can select your own Library folder from that menu.

Solution #2: Copy the following text: ~/Library/Preferences/Civilization 3 Complete/
Then open the Finder's Go to folder... menu option and paste the copied text into the dialog. Click Go to reach the folder. You should find the Conquests.ini file in it.

Apologies for the double post and thanks a lot, I found the file. :D I'm on snow leopard so it was no problem at all once with you expanation.

Top Bottom