Noble sub-300 turn space attempt

@Fish Man

I remember I had alot of troubles with buffy crashing.
It was at the worst when I played forum games and tried to compare openings (thus reloading alot).
I had less crashes when I was playing BOTM where I simply left the game on most of the time and not reloading at all.
This made me come to the conclusion that there is some functionallity in buffy, which is scanning for cheating (which in HOF reloading previously played turns is) and that that functionallity is buggy somehow.
So if you are reloading alot, then you probably experience the same buggy functionality.

I did so many things that I don't know what part of the solution that fixed the problem. First I did a completely clean install, and that seemed to help alot, although I still had those crashes, but the frequency was waaaay lower.
This last time I had a hdd failure and was forced to reinstall windows and everything else, and after that I have had no crashes at all.

Here is a thread from when I did that clean install, I went back to that thread for guidance the second time around when I was installing everything fresh. I don't think it's an exhaustive checklist though.
Here is one step that I recall.
http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

Top Bottom