Nominations for Consul of Internal Affairs

Who can take this job and knows how to beat at least Emperor level - preferably Diety level as well?

Lets hear some speeches. I know Tomoyo but not Gert.

Alright, let's climb that stage!

Fellow citizens of Doughnutia ;)
Now that our Fundamental Laws of our beloved Nation is drawing completion it's time to move on. Move on for the nation. Build, grow and explore. It's also time for me to move on. From writing our very first lawbook towards implementing the laws to get a fully working goverment, based on the principle of democracy.

When voting me in the next elections I will firstly, and most importantly, make sure that our nation can grow. We need to setup a fully working core of cities in this era. If we screw up now, we're doomed! I can make sure that every citizen shall not fear to join all internal discussions. Everyone will be a participant in the decisionmaking of this important phase.

Exploration is another high priority on my agenda. As many of you probably already noticed, I have been advocating the construction of a curragh directly after our first warrior. Early contacts can prove to be extremely valuable, as good friends are not easy to find in this evil world. We cannot conquer the world on our own yet! We need to find a friendly nation as soon as possible.

The third priority on my agenda of my first term as Consul of Internal Affairs shall be to safeguard the Fundamental Laws. I wrote them, and can therefore work in it's spirit. In the position of Consul of Internal Affairs, I can discover better if these Fundamental Laws still contain flaws, and find solutions faster. This will ensure that any future Consul and citizen will benefit from these laws.

"Vote the best for Dougnutia."
Vote gert-janl for Consul of Internal Affairs

Article 2-6
One consul shall be responsible for all internal affairs by:
a. hosting discussions concerning internal affairs,
b. maintaining an up to date summary of recent developments and future
plans,
c. providing clear guiding to the turnplayer,
d. consulting the people of Doughnutia through polls, discussions or chats;
I promise to uphold these laws to the best of my understanding and interpretation.

My first and foremost priority is the expansion of our fledgling empire. Expansion, as you know, is the most important part of any civ game. I will tell the turnplayer to build a city two tiles to Springfield's northwest in order to take full advantage of both the cow and the wheat. With a granary, each city will be able to produce at least five food per turn.

However, even with this possibility, I will not put out settlers like there is no tomorrow. Expanding too fast will overextend ourselves, and we will be left low on workers. Therefore, I advocate a build queue between the two cities that is high on workers to maximise the production we have in our core.

Not neglected will be military. I understand that all building will be useless if an opponent comes and attacks us. Therefore, each city after the second, unless it's by a food bonus, will be put on military duty to increase our diplomatic leverage.

However, don't worry, I will not do this tyrannically. I will ensure that each citizen will have say in the decision making process. Every major decision will come with a nation-wide poll to check the approval rating. Debate threads will be put up for those who desire to voice their opinion.

Vote Tomoyo! Insert catchy phrase here!

After a week of connection problems with internet I am finally online again!!

I must say I am surprised that elections haven't started yet. I guess the nominations have taken enough time. I'll open the election threads this time.

Top Bottom