Normal Size Earth Map with 11 Starting Civs

BvG

Chieftain
This is a normal size Earth Map I made today. Took me ca 8 Hours. In the middle of the process (ressource planting) i rushed, thinking that the map will soon be finished, boy was I wrong! So if you find something especially bad about the ressources of the map, feel free to blame my short attention span.
I made this as the Huge earth map didn't satisfy me: Too many civs in europe, so no breathing room... Also many people have complained about problems with the huge size maps, so i thought someone might appreciate a smaller one.
I also liked the world map of Civ1 a lot, and i made this in the spirit of that old experience.

Note: all civilizations start at a (semi) historical position, with a settler and a scout unit.

To install the map you need to unzip it, and place it to this directory:
(Your documents folder)\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\WorldBuilder

In the game choose "singleplayer" then "scenarios" then the map named BvG_Earth

Attachments

• world_map.jpg
    world_map.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • BvG_Earth1.0.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,558
thank you my comp always died on the huge maps but this one if perfect

Hmm.... It is better to use the "normal" worldmap layout (US to the left, Eastern Asia to the right, not US centered world map). Since it doesn't split any continents on the minimap.

If someone can do a good resource job on this one like for the HUGE World Map I will download and play this. Great work! Thanks alot.

My comp dies on the Huge after a while but soon I will have new computer and conquer HUGE map forever! :D

I'm a long time civ player, but new to Civ4. I just have two questions:

1. How do I reveal the whole map? - I start the game and can enter world builder to modify, but I can't see Europe, Asia, etc. I read a thread about Cheatcode = 0 and how resetting it to "chipotle" will help, but I'm not sure what *.ini file they're talking about.

2. How did you set the civ starting locations?

Hi,

the map is really nice and good for low end systems that want to play on an earth map, like mentioned by the author the ressources and balance between the civilizations is really srewed up, so with some of them you don't stand a chance to win anything.

Greets,

Broken One

Top Bottom