Not enough camps

Gingerboy29

Chieftain
I'd love to use the goddess of the hunt pantheon. But there are never enough camps to make it worthwhile and even when there are let's say 5 it 6 camp resources across 4/5 cities, there's always a better option (more plantations, more quarries etc...)

I find camp resources to be kind of spread out, I never found clusters of them (on standard resources not abundant). I find tons of clusters of quarry resources, plantations and cattle but nothing else.

I've been rerollibg for a while out of curiosity and out of 150 maps, the more camps I've found were 7 camps across 5 cities.

Have you ever noticed the same pattern? Hace you ever had maps with lots of camps?

PS: everything is on a large map standard settings

The maps definitely seem to lack the “tundra deer havens” you’d see on civ5 where there would be like 6 deer in a nice wooded clump.

I feel like what camps really suffer from is they give straight +2 gold, and do not get the upgrade until mercantilism. If they gave +1 food in deer, or if a building gave +1 food to deer like in civ5, then it would be a different story.

After the last patch, you can actually get some vaguely decent Tundra Cities - Lumber-mills, Deer etc. One way to go is Coastal Tundra Cities, which kind of helps with the Food Housing issues Tundra Cities have. The other option is City, Industrial Zone, Aqueduct, particularly as Tundra Cities can often have good Strategic Resources, although then you have to figure out where the Food comes from for growth.

I mean, I'm not saying anyone should Bee-Line Tundra Cities, but they are definitely more viable then they used to be.

Camps are so bad too; deer tiles can't even feed themselves. I usually just chop them.

I think they should give more food with some tech.

Camps are so bad too; deer tiles can't even feed themselves. I usually just chop them.
+1 YIELD_FOOD to IMPROVEMENT_CAMP on RESOURCE_DEER
Code:
INSERT INTO ImprovementModifiers (ImprovementType, ModifierId)
VALUES ("IMPROVEMENT_CAMP", "CAMP_ON_DEER_JJ");

INSERT INTO Modifiers (ModifierId, ModifierType, SubjectRequirementSetId)
VALUES ("CAMP_ON_DEER_JJ", "MODIFIER_SINGLE_PLOT_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELDS", "DEER_REQUIREMENT_JJ");
INSERT INTO ModifierArguments (ModifierId, Name, Value)
VALUES ("CAMP_ON_DEER_JJ", "YieldType", "YIELD_FOOD"),
VALUES ("CAMP_ON_DEER_JJ", "Amount", 1);

INSERT INTO RequirementSets (RequirementSetId, RequirementSetType)
VALUES ("DEER_REQUIREMENT_JJ", "REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL");
INSERT INTO RequirementSetRequirements (RequirementSetId, RequirementId)
VALUES ("DEER_REQUIREMENT_JJ", "REQUIRES_PLOT_IS_DEER_JJ");

INSERT INTO Requirements (RequirementId, RequirementType)
VALUES ("REQUIRES_PLOT_IS_DEER_JJ", "REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES");
INSERT INTO RequirementArguments (RequirementId, Name, Value)
VALUES ("REQUIRES_PLOT_IS_DEER_JJ", "ResourceType", "RESOURCE_DEER");
can be appended to a *.sql file of a mod already used.

Top Bottom