Not loading for mac steam version

summerun1

Chieftain
So I downloaded this mod after I was told that it would work on a mac. I put it in the BTS mods folder. it loads about halfway before a static text load box shows up and then the mod just is stuck on the loading section. It won't load anymore. I don't know why.

hm.. I don't have a MAC, so I only trouble shoot from other users who have a mac.
first of all, you do have installed PAE (and the size fits?) in the Beyond the Sword folder of CIV IV. if you have steam, you think of the extra beyond the sword folder.
next thing what could be: some users spoke about a text wrapper. files for this wrapping error are only in the xml/text folder. mainly the pedia files.

PAE works on MAC because I don't use the .dll file (Assets folder).

ok. So I am not tech savvy lol if you could speak normal people speak for that last bit, I am not following what you are saying. I did put the files in the civ iv bts mods folder so the location is correct. I don't know what you mean by the xml/text folder. What should I do with it?

ok, I try.
Some text lines in the PAE/Assets/XML/Texts/ files are too long for MAC users. On windows it works, so I have no idea, where to "wrap".
That's why for MAC there are text wrappers, which wrap the text, so that MAC use the files correctly.
I am curious now, so I try to wrap the texts here in windows, upload them and you say, if it works. ok?

ok, let try the pedia files first.
please replace the 3 pedia files in PAE/Assets/XML/Text with those 3 pedia text files. they are justed "wrapped" to shorter lines.

Attachments

• PAETextPedias.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
So I switched them up and then it still got the same static box but on top of that there was a failure to read xml message that showed up.

Ok. Now it doesn't have that text error. it just shows the static screen and regular screen just like in the previous pictures.

I fear, that you need to open the static text files in XML/Text in a mac text editor and save them yourself. Just open and save. this should do the trick.
Ah, I mentioned the editor on a MAC, it is called Text Wrangler.

ok so i tried what you said with the text wrangler and it still has the same error. I just had to save the files right?

yes... I think so... damn, I wish I had a MAC (and of course a mac version of civ iv).
anyone out there who can help?

Did you get it to work?

I'm installing the MAC version myself. Here's how I did it.

The base mod itself loads. Here is how you do it: Installed the mod PieAncientEuropeV as written in the instructions. Don't install the patch. Load the mod through BTS/advanced/load mod. While it starts loading the mod the mac usually switches from BTS to steam when you are on the desktop. Switch back to BTS. Then 2 xml error pop up. Press enter twice and the mod will load.

@PiE: I cant get the patches to load though. If I try to install them and load the game ignoring the xml error popups the game crashes giving me the GFC error alert. I'm trying to play the 40civ map. If I only change the files in PieExtra and put the WBsave file in the private maps I can start the mod I can't load the scenario because the WBsave can't be read. Any idea what I could do? Is the 40civ scenario simply too large?

Did you get it to work?

I'm installing the MAC version myself. Here's how I did it.

The base mod itself loads. Here is how you do it: Installed the mod PieAncientEuropeV as written in the instructions. Don't install the patch. Load the mod through BTS/advanced/load mod. While it starts loading the mod the mac usually switches from BTS to steam when you are on the desktop. Switch back to BTS. Then 2 xml error pop up. Press enter twice and the mod will load.

@PiE: I cant get the patches to load though. If I try to install them and load the game ignoring the xml error popups the game crashes giving me the GFC error alert. I'm trying to play the 40civ map. If I only change the files in PieExtra and put the WBsave file in the private maps I can start the mod I can't load the scenario because the WBsave can't be read. Any idea what I could do? Is the 40civ scenario simply too large?
You can't use a custom dll on a Mac. The base game limits you to 18 civs, and the custom dlls change that, but they can't be read by the Mac version of the game.

Yes. MAC users of course can install all the patches but after that, the dll file in the Assets folder has to be deleted (if there is one).
(it's a copy of the 52CIV dll in the PAE Extras folder).

The scenario maps should work, but you will be able to play with 18 civs only.

Top Bottom