not-so-newbie question

kilem

Chieftain
Hello everyone! :)

I've been a long time fan of caveman to cosmos and also a long time reader of this forum, but only now I've decided to register as I have a question and I couldn't find the answer elsewhere:
When in the city screen and some units are disabled; I remember in the previous versions it was showing in red the prerequisites that are missing (building, civic...) now it's not the case anymore. Is there a way to turn that option back on?
Also, still in the city screen when you hover the mouse over the unit icon, it doesn't show you the "caracteristics" of that unit: e.g : + 25% against melee, +100% against animals...is there a way to see them without opening the civpedia?

Thanks a lot!
And cheers from Africa! :)

Pressing Shift/Ctrl/Alt (can't remember which) before mousing over the unit gives you a lot of additional info (such as bonus vs. melee, etc.).

I think that happens outside the city screen (on the world map).
I'd like to know if there is a way to get these caracteristics from inside the city screen, to help you decide which unit to build.

I'm using version 34 (I think it wasn't like this in the previous version)
Here's an example of a city screen (with shift pressed. nothing happens with alt pr ctrl pressed)

now it seems that also on the world map I can only get the combat classes with shift pressed; nothing happens with alt or ctrl :

I think you have to press ctrl and then move the mouse over the unit. I have noticed that this mouse over does not always bring up anything at sll some times. You just have to move the mouse off and then back on the icon until it happens, twice works most times.

Thanks Dancing Hoskuld :) !!
That seemed to work inside the city screen!! (also it shows the missing prerequisites now!)
But in the world map that doesn't work for some reason!?
It only shows like my second screenshot with shift pressed.
Any suggestions?

Some unit information is now less capable of being collected on the main map - you can get it on your own units but not so easily on others units. To get it on your own unit you can see it from the unit's icon hover.

Much info was disabled from the map hover because there was no way to display it without overloading the help panel. And it makes battle planning enforce a little familiarity be applied or you're left somewhat in the dark which is a bit more like what commanders must really face - judgement calls with educated guesses. The combat help hover still shows most of anything you'd need to know about another unit in the field that you can't see so if you go to make a mock planned attack you can gauge another unit - or at least the lead defender - you can see on the map with some accuracy.

Top Bottom