NPC WAR

methisos

Chieftain
Hi i have a question about the game with the A NEW DAWN mod, i like it very much but some times already on a few games happend that on the middle game the KI on a WAR is not really attacking, i remember the time when the NPC attacked even if i was 100 rounds away he walked to me with a invasion army and fightet against me right now 2 times i remember where the following happend

1) i was in a island and moved to another one with 15 units to attack the Rome empire and i was next to his city he had 6 units on the city and on the citys arround also some units he did not attack me he did just wait.

2) i was in a WAR with the American and we was about 10 rounds away from each other and he send only 2 or 3 units and here a fw units and there a way units, i think if he would take at least all of them in one spot he could damage me alot but like this a few here a few there i killed him easy.

so my question is, there is a change on that? i mean it makes the game to have no sense if after 500 rounds of gaming the enemys are not attacking so like they could damage me, on beyond the sword it was different.

so should i start a new one? BTW i think maybe it has to do with a update of a already started game, maybe just there it makes problems?

please let me know you ideas

That's the AI of CIV, I had that tons of times in BTS honestly, enemies declaring war accross the world. Now this game Zulu, while me Khmer am in south east asia for example but i remember plenty of times in regular BTS me England got wars with Mongolia... for example. Factors are often you have a different religions, you denied their demands or are high end economical/research to do so. They do that even more if you turn on aggressive or worse ruthless AI in the Settings. Often an enemy might want war with but can't reach you due to lack of open borders with nations between you, Sometimes they might start a war for the sake of pressuring you and get others to join, you see this a lot that they tempt other nations to join, check the log sometimes you see they might ask 5-6 other nations at a turn. Sometimes they send a few units and nothing happens for 50-60 turns and then 100-200 units show up on your doorstep... Even stacks of 30-50+ are common in classical age. Medieval times they might have 100+ If they declared war and then get war with someone else... as well, you might not even see any action...

You always should run ctrl/alt-T or was it shift/ctrl? when you get an update... I usually do it twice cause else the buildings don't get counted, second time they do get counted... and you can get your research halved... the foreign trade balances out after a turn... Though I also noticed weird AI behaviour honestly... After an update, that a big stack might get defensive all of a sudden instead of offensive... Though if his lands unstabilize he is also less prone to let his troops leave...

Top Bottom