• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

OCCC (One City Challenge Club) Bullpen

Who is the leader for the next one?

I'd suggest either Gandhi, (I like the spi phil combo for an OCC) or WvO to encourage the more unorthodox coastal settlement.

The next OCCC will be an easier leader but at Prince level. I am thinking of a hemsipheres map, near/on the coast with a leader with one rgeat OCC trait and one weaker one. Pericles springs to mind.

Gandhi I think I will hold until we have graduated to a higher difficulty level, as he may have arguably the best traits for OCC.

If the one city is very cottagable, Financial is actually a very strong trait since it accelerates your critical early tech rate into a tech lead. HC, Vicky can all be very strong OCC leaders given that type of map.

If the one city is very cottagable, Financial is actually a very strong trait since it accelerates your critical early tech rate into a tech lead. HC, Vicky can all be very strong OCC leaders given that type of map.

I was thinking of Financial after Pericles. Depends how everyone does with Prince what the complementary trait would be. Vicky may not be bad.

Interesting your view on Financial in OCC, I saw you cottaged in the Ramesses game (I think it was you).

so who's next? A financial leader? Hannibal seems like a good choice, although liz/huayana/mansa would be better for an occ if you felt like taking it easy on us

Most likely a financial leader. Hannibal may be a decent choice, especially if I decide to try an acheopolego map so he can really leverage the UB.

However, with the second Prince I think I will continue land based, so perhaps a different financial leader. So far we have done

Peter (Exp, Phi)
Ramesses (Spi, IND)
Genghis (IMP, AGG)
Pericles (CRE, PHI)

Seams Protective, Financial, Charismatic and Organized are left.

So either Wang or DArius, both who have great UBs for a OCC and pretty good UUs.

SO any preference of the two???

actually SB is PHI so he's not that bad, sure the PRO trait isn't great for OCC. I'd say Darius for the next one

PHI is really the best for OCC so I want to hold those leaders a bit, especially as we move up to higher difficultues. I envision SB being great at higher levels so we can turtle with those early UUs and highly promoted protection units.

Look for the next OCCC tonight. I am thinking of another Pangea map with a war-monger but this time on a normal sized map. Maybe Shaka or maybe more someone more suttle like Justinian.

I vote for Justinian as long as we have horses. Then see if it is possible to take out the AI with cataphracts. :)

Top Bottom