Ocean tiles, Galleys & Culture

Qactus

Romani ite domum
Sorry, how does this work again?
After capturing mainland Greece my Sentry HA spotted a Greek galley and island to the south of Sparta where Pericles seems to have some more real estate.
How many border pops would I need from Sparta in order to be able to send galleys over there?

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG.jpg

Two more.

EDIT: BFC plus one.

As a rule, your ships can only traverse tiles called "coastal" and all tiles within your cultural borders. Note that only tiles with yield can ever be added to your borders.

EDIT2: But if Pericles got there somehow without Astro, so can you. So there is probably another (coastal) route to that island.

I think you would need two border pops.The way I understand it is you can only travel on the 3 commerce coast tiles unless you have culture. When you have culture on an ocean tile, it acts as a coast tile. Basically you need culture on that tile 3S of sparta

Great, thanks! Two border pops are reasonable. I was worried a third might be required, covering the coastal tile on the other side.

@Hesha: Sorry, I don't have the initial autosave anymore. Apparently my wife already rolled some Huayna Capac in the meantime :crazyeye:

Well, that's no problem of course.
When playing onward from this point, note that Corinth is still working two artists at size three to get the marble online. So they need to get dismissed after that. In addition to both Epics, MoM is still an option.
Moai statues have been partly built in a couple of cities. Was planning to finish them in Orleans, once the GP is out there in 3 turns. Have fun! Oh, and see if you can spot the only cottage in the empire ;)

Attachments

• Louismon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    199.6 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom