Of art

What the hey! Boromir's Banner!

Attachments

• 8ba6_1_sbl - Borromir banner.jpg
    8ba6_1_sbl - Borromir banner.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 264
The tree one and the first two definitely look good. We might be able to use the brown tower for some sort of Haradrim fortification, maybe.

The first one especially looks good, that could be the Haradrim palace.

It's a good Sauron LH, I think. However, that brings up the question of which version of Sauron are we going to use for this mod - with or without a body?

I agree it's a better (and more unique) choice, I was just wondering since it's the historical actions of Isildur that cause him to be that way, and things might not happen that way in the mod.

True. We could use a standard leaderhead in the overall mod and the Eye for a third age scenario. In fact, I am sure I have a picture of him before he became black, but still looked like a Maiar from the movie.

EDIT: The standard Sauron image (All Black Armor, etc.) is fine with me.

Well, he pretty much was. I think a black one would be OK, it's also caused by historical action but it's not as big a change as losing a body, and it's more distinctive than your average Maia.

I would go for Sauron as person as well, not as eye.

Ooh, great Mount Doom. The spider lair looks useful too, and we might make a warg lair out of one of the others. The camp one may be useful for Harad.

You know, I was looking through Zerver's stuff, including his new Hungarian Settlers (check them out in the Unit Graphics Forum, Amazign work). He has done some really great stuff. It even looks like he did a couple of things for the early incarnation of this Mod.

Unless someone disagrees, I think we should see if he is willing to participate in this new attempt at getting this MOD up and running.

I don't know if anyone else here is good at doing units and Leaderheads and such. If there is, just give a shout.

This is Zerver's page:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=116686&page=7

Getting an artist on board would give us a lot of freedom, so I'm all for it. I only know that I'm not good at it :D

Yeah, we need an artist. If you can get him on board, go for it!

Personally, I suck at all forms of visual art.

Get a Working model out first, is my recomendation. Use placeholder art, which will piss artists off so much they will submit thier own art.

That works too :rotfl:

:p

Though it's not a bad idea, at least to focus on getting a working mod instead of a pretty mod.

Top Bottom