Office of the President, Term 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes maam. Can you use that fancy red text of yours to get our president to answer my simple questions?

I'll repeat it here: Why weren't the trades authorized by the Trade Minister not made? What was the legal basis for making the trades that were made?

I thought that was already answered donsig - SaaM got the trades via PtW, which will give different 'results' for proposed trades. Therefore, we couldn't get the amounts that SaaM put, so his instructions weren't valid. Since his instructions for Turn 0 trades could not be used, it is the DP's choice when there are no 'valid' instructions.

(PS: That is all what I think the constitution says and what I think would happen - it may not be entirely accurate).

Ginger_Ale said:
I thought that was already answered donsig - SaaM got the trades via PtW, which will give different 'results' for proposed trades. Therefore, we couldn't get the amounts that SaaM put, so his instructions weren't valid. Since his instructions for Turn 0 trades could not be used, it is the DP's choice when there are no 'valid' instructions.

(PS: That is all what I think the constitution says and what I think would happen - it may not be entirely accurate).

Yet another President heard from! :mischief:

Your explanation works for the sale of silk to China but not for the French luxury deal. That trade was:

France: Gems for 36gpt, 12g

Here's what Joan is paying:

If she's paying 52 gpt she would have paid 36 gpt, right?

I would like to hear from the PRESIDENT just what legally justifies this trade?

Ginger_Ale said:
Ok, I got confused in all the trades - I'll wait for the *real* President, SDIII and SaaM to answer it.

Me? Another President? No. ;)

It is easy to get confused on the trades when they are not listed in the game play instruction thread but only in a poll. That's one of the reasons I don't like referencing polls in the instruction thread.

Thanks for realizing I was only teasing in the first line of my last post. There are many others who would have gotten all bent out of shape about it. :)

donsig said:
It is easy to get confused on the trades when they are not listed in the game play instruction thread but only in a poll. That's one of the reasons I don't like referencing polls in the instruction thread.

One of the few things we agree on.

The China Trade was not made because somehow it did not accept the trade at the time. (Replaying the "Encore" save", it seems I am now able to make that trade. Hm... It's too bad I can't give you guys 20 Gold...)

France, however, the Pictures will tell the tale. The Gems and Combined Trades rated "Doubt", the Magnet only trade rated "close".

I then went ahead with the French trade netting every last gold possible.

EDIT: BTW, if SaaM lives in an "Alternate" world, it likely wouldn't be "Play The World", but rather "Macintosh".

Thank you, Mr. President! Your response clears things up well. :goodjob:

How we ever managed to approve trades that can't be made is beyond me. It's time we stopped taking everything our leaders say at face value and check things out ourselves!

Provolution Action : Sir Donald III , please answer the question

blackheart said:
Stop the hostility!

No kidding, Blackheart. It must be nice to be able to vanquish your enemies with the click of a button.

CT, you really need to rethink your modhood here. Strider can curse a blue streak, yet you dump Provo for something as benign as this. Technically, the clause you state is not even mentioned in the forum rules. :rolleyes:

Your constant misuse of your powers here have made this game nearly unplayable. Either resign from the game, or your mod post. Your bias continues to show. :(

something as benign as this

Pretending to be a moderator seems like a pretty big rule brake. Like if you pretended to be a cop you would go to jail (and get some police brutality)

Moderator Action: Discussing moderator actions is also against the forum rules. At this rate, I might as well ban everyone who posted in this thread! discussing moderator actions, threadjacking, mudslinging, etc. Let's just get back to the game!
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Donovan Zoi said:
No kidding, Blackheart. It must be nice to be able to vanquish your enemies with the click of a button.

CT, you really need to rethink your modhood here. Strider can curse a blue streak, yet you dump Provo for something as benign as this. Technically, the clause you state is not even mentioned in the forum rules. :rolleyes:

Your constant misuse of your powers here have made this game nearly unplayable. Either resign from the game, or your mod post. Your bias continues to show. :(

Moderator Action: It is pretty well know that you will get banned for using the mod tags. At any rate, if you want to convince CT to resign as a mod for the demogame, do it via PM and not in this thread. Eyrei.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Chieftess said:
Moderator Action: Discussing moderator actions is also against the forum rules. At this rate, I might as well ban everyone who posted in this thread! discussing moderator actions, threadjacking, mudslinging, etc. Let's just get back to the game!

Why is this moderator *rant* (not action) in mod tags? :confused:

Gotta love the nuance here. You certainly have a delicate touch in these matters, dating back to the impromtu game start announcement with no new forum started.

And banning us all will really help the situation; your contempt for this game and its participants is now starting to show.

ENOUGH!

:hammer:

I'm seriously considering closing this thread and starting a new one after this Turnchat.

Donsig, I thank you for your kind words. I also applaud your persistence.

MOTH, I appreciate the rally with the Chat Log.

Anyway, let us engage some new business:

First of all, I hereby approve the "Promotion" of CivGeneral to replace the resigned Donovan Zoi. :hammer:

I would also like to announce that Civanator, [roleplay]General of our Victorious Southern Army[/roleplay], has been officially considered for the Office of Vice President. Civanator, please contact me to confirm so that we can make this appointment official.

Hopefully, within the next 24 Hours, I can get a Governor for Edo as well. I already have a few people on a "short" list and have sent a PM to the first.

As far as I can recall, due to DG5JR21, Officers have the right directly to appoint their Deputies.

Now, to look at the blunders in now Tommorow's Turnchat that have nothing to do with vacant offices ;)

Sir Donald III said:
ENOUGH!

:hammer:

I'm seriously considering closing this thread and starting a new one after this Turnchat.

Moderator Action: Agreed. You can start another thread after this TC. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom