Oh Spain, you are so funny.

Iron Angel

Classified
So I am playing Egypt, and built the Stonehenge which gave me a free prophet for starting my religion.
A little later on in the game, Spain, started to annoy me. So I converted his cities, even though I was not interested in the religion.

Now my religion has spread through all his cities and every missionary and apostle he creates is in my religion.
So he is basically running around spreading my religion, even though he hates me. He is even so kind as to make sure that my cities stay my religion, if someone else comes around and starts spreading their gossip.

I kinda liked that aspect of the religious play.

Feels like a bug that AIs spawn missionaries of a rival faith. I feel its too easy to remove a religion from the game entirely by converting the only city with a holy site.

I hope not. It can also feel like a feature. A strategy to take out rival religions.

If the AI loses their religion, they should just ignore it and forget about religion for the rest of the game.

I guess you could be right on that. A player opponent would not run around spreading my religion, unless he/she wanted to mess up the leader in religion's position.

Having just won a Religious victory, I do feel that the Holy city mechanics need to be changed somewhat. With Yerevan's suzerain bonus, you can pick the Proselytiser promotion (which is otherwise quite rare), and eradicate the religion in their capital very easily. If they don't have anymore Holy Sites in cities with their original religion, then all their religious units they build thereafter will spread your religion instead! Given that evangelical AIs hugely favour missionaries (sometimes you see Apostle rushes too), their religions are very vulnerable to being completely wiped out in this way.

Good input.
I still think it is funny that grumpy Phillip is running around spreading my religion.

Top Bottom