• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Old World Quick Questions and answers (and FAQ)

No. You cannot send them to the AI either, luxuries in Old World are a domestic resource, their purpose is to help manage families or individual cities.

You can send luxuries to AI!

upload_2021-11-1_22-50-27.png

Reactions: PiR
Hello folks,

two quick questions from me:

1. What determines who will be the head of a family or religion? Is there a way I can muscle myself into these positions and is it advantageous to do so?
2. After founding a religion, is there a way to make it an official state religion manually without waiting for the pop-up event?

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Hello folks,
2. After founding a religion, is there a way to make it an official state religion manually without waiting for the pop-up event?
Yes, first you gotta have the prerequisite researched, I don't remember which one is it. Then you click on religion in the religions+families list top right corner, and you'll see a button to make it state religion, in the expanded religion info screen. Costs like 400 civics if I recall.

1. What determines who will be the head of a family or religion? Is there a way I can muscle myself into these positions and is it advantageous to do so?
I don't think the leader can have either of these "jobs". Sometimes my heir has one of them and when the heir becomes leader then someone else is chosen as head.
Which makes sense, because the opinion of the head matters, and the opinion of yourself towards you... I don't know how to calculate that :D

Yes, and it costs 400 civics as @CornPlanter said. I think it can be done just clicking on your leader portrait.

The leader will never be a family or religion head. The religion head is chosen among characters of that religion, preferably over 30, preferably from a family that also follows the religion, and preferably without a current job.

When Old World releases on Steam it seems it will come with multiple languages supported. Are there any plans to introduce additional language support for the Epic version? I can only find community-made mod translations.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

When Old World releases on Steam it seems it will come with multiple languages supported. Are there any plans to introduce additional language support for the Epic version? I can only find community-made mod translations.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

The Epic and Steam versions will be the same. So translations will be rolled into the Epic release.

There are also different menus within the build options of the builder to see which are wonders, urban improvements, etc.
NB: urban is slightly different than urban improvement. You can find some around city sites or create some with a builder leader.

Sometimes other characters owe me favours. Is there a way to return these favours or is it just a small opinion boost?

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Favors give an opinion boost, and may trigger additional events. No guarantees, but especially with characters that hold an influential position, they may come back and offer to repay the favor.

Yeah, foreign leaders will almost always return a favor, your nation's characters are more mixed, but you shouldn't underestimate the value of favors!

Sorry, no demo. I would say that recorded streams on Twitch give a pretty good idea of what the game is like.

Top Bottom