1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

On again, off again interface

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice' started by Cinnabar, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Cinnabar

Cinnabar Chieftain

So I just installed the 3.19 patch (and updated the FfH, Bug and HOF mods). Now, when I load Age of Ice (and possibly other scenarios), I don't see the interface. I can save the game (using ctrl-s) and reload it (ctrl-l), and the interface reappears, so -- if this continues to work -- it's more an annoyance than a disaster, but it would be nice to see the interface every time I load the game. Does anyone else have any idea what's going on here? (Windows XP, by the way, not Vista.)

Thanks!

2. Emptiness

Emptiness []

<Alt-I> toggles the game interface. I don't know why the interface isn't there when you start the game, but maybe you can toggle it on without having to save and reload.

3. Cinnabar

Cinnabar Chieftain

I tried that, but it didn't work.

4. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Have you installed BUG via CustomAssets? If you have, this will cause issues since both BUG and Age of Ice modify the game interface files.

The easiest way to solve this is to go into your FfH Age of Ice.ini file and set:

Code:
    ; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
    NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 0
    To 1. This should block content from CustomAssets being loaded.

This may or may not be the issue, but people have had it in the past.

5. Cinnabar

Cinnabar Chieftain

The .ini files were already set to 1, so that didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling BUG as an optional mod did. So I'm happy again.... at least for now. :mischief:

6. CustodianV131

CustodianV131 Chieftain

Just wanted to state I've the same problem with BUG 4.1 - no ui in BTS content like Age of Ice, final frontier ect.

De-installing BUG did the trick - you might also have to remove the custom assets folder form the my documents/my games/bts folder but that depends on what's installed there.

Finally got around to giving Age of Ice a try after so long. So far its good!

7. KeloGBites

KeloGBites Chieftain

Same issue with 3.17 BTS on Mac OSX, no other mods. Saving/Reloading isn't helping either.

8. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

And BUG removal?

9. Tuscarora87

Tuscarora87 Chieftain

This didn't helped me, too. Although I set '0' to '1'. To bad that the only way to play BtS content is by deleting the Bug mod.

10. Tuscarora87

Tuscarora87 Chieftain

Unfortunately, save-load technique doesn't help. (at least) Technology screen remains broken. :(

11. isenchine

isenchine Empress