Online petition for an updated Civ III editor

I guess the subject is dead, but I put my requests too.
-make "defense doubled vs faster units" flag.
-add scripting like in Civ2 (events.txt)
-fix AI bomard

-fix AI bomard

Okay, everyone, unless someone has a genie in a bottle which neither Steph nor I possess, the subject is DEAD DEAD DEAD !!!

-Yeah, and I know I don't get an official vote about these things, but at this point IMHO any further posts in this thread = Thread Necromancy!

As Bummed As Anyone Else,

Oz

..old love never dies..

-fix AI bomard

That'd require an actual update to the game, not just the editor. Which is even more unlikely than a mere editor update. But you should check out Steph's editor for an updated editor (he made a post on the previous page and there should be a link in his sig). It makes it a lot more convenient to mod, with the only drawback being the current lack of map support. So it doesn't supersede the regular editor - yet - but it's a very useful tool nonetheless.

As for AI bombard, the WWII Global mod by Rocoteh and Meateater has alleviated this somewhat by making artillery units have a low defence - and thus the AI takes them out of cities along with guards. As a tradeoff you can't capture artillery, but it seems to be a net improvement over the totally lacklustre artillery in the standard game.

Steph also has some nifty, but unlikely to be realized, ideas about how ideas may be added to the game. Basically, you'd have a program like CivAssist2 run in the background, tell you to save the game when an event occured, and then modify the savegame to reflect the event (say, if the event was the Great War starting, it would modify diplomacy settings; if the Mongols invaded your Europe scenario, they could be given a powerful force in the east and poor diplomacy settings, similar to what Medieval II Total War (which does support scripting) does). It's not all that practical, and Firaxis including support of scripting would (likely) be much easier, but it's theoretically possible.

AI bombard and new flags are even less feasible than scripting, and would require darker, quite possibly more advanced, magic to occur. Then again, you no longer have to play with the 512 city limit, and no one ever really expected that limitation to be solved, so who knows... maybe someday someone will figure those out.

Steph also has some nifty, but unlikely to be realized, ideas about how ideas may be added to the game.
What makes you think that? As soon as I can afford a new computer (the current one is to slow for such programming), I plan to make an expanded version of my editor to at least allow more than 4 eras, and a few other things.
Perhaps not events, but a few things anyway...

Top Bottom