oops

onejayhawk

Afflicted with reason
My shovels and engineers ignore zone of control. If you want to be strict, that is a mod. It has been so long I forgot. My diplomats see 2 hexs too.

What now?

J

I was looking for the instructions on how to upload, when it occured to me that my rules.txt had had its cherry popped. Call it a learning experience

J

Bummer. Ironically, I just added note about making sure people's rules.txt & other .txt files don't have game alterations in Note 2 of this post. Many scenarios include custom rules.txt and other .txt changes.

A very good way to do this is to make a separate GOTM directory, and copy all the standard .TXT files into it, along with the xx_B4000.SAV. Then start Civ 2, load the game by navigating to that directory, and the .TXT files in that directory will be used instead of whatever is in the root Civ 2 directory.

A note: you must have the rules.txt in place before you start the .SAV, since it is loaded at the moment you open the .SAV. If you have aleday started the .SAV, merely copying a new rules.txt to that directory will not take affect until you actually load the .SAV again.

:)

As my mother used to say, "If its the worst that happens, this will be a good month." I'm curious, would you consider it an allowable mod? I only did it because it was annoying to have to tiptoe around AI units. It makes sense for military to deal with zone of control, but why civilian?

J

I love the zones of control, and hate enemy Dips and Partisans and such sneaking thru. It's a major pain in Civ3 where nothing seems to have a zone of control. Standard rules are fine, the bugs and glitches seem minor. My .02

Top Bottom