Open Borders for Civilian Units

SillyWilly17

Chieftain
Hello All :)

I love the mod but I am wondering if there is a way to prevent Diplomatic units and Religious units from entering my territory? I can't block missionaries from converting my cities because they ignore stacking and I have now seen 5 Emissaries from different nations cross my borders and then use MY OWN ROADS to become allies with city states. So my only option for dealing with Missionary spam and/or diplomatic units crossing my territory is to DOW? That's pretty lame and takes away from the Diplomacy side of this mod.

Also, I'm hoping one of you might know the answer to this question I posted a few days ago:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/missionary-spam-and-inquisitor-edit.664632/

I've looked through every game file and couldn't find any values for the Inquisitor unit.

Diplomatic units can't go through your territory unless they have a special promotion or you allow open borders. I can't remember the promotion, I think its given on late game diplo units or maybe on one of the diplomacy wonders.

So either what you are seeing is late game diplomatic units (which is just the name of the game at that point....it basically simulates more telecommunications than physical travel), or there is a bug going on.

Ah ok, I just looked it up in game and it is the "Nobility" promotion. You can get it in the Enlightenment era unfortunately so my extra Mod I added in has been screwing me lol.

I'd like to keep to my other question and that's the missionary spam. There really is no counter to it other than a DOW. Is there way I could at least go back to blocking them? I don't like the idea that they can go into my borders and end a turn on the same tile as one of my units (right next to my city) and then convert it. The AI also seems to have infinite Faith amount or something because I end up deleting them via IGE and then the next turn 2 more appear near my border. Or just editing Inquisitors back to their vanilla ability would solve my issue.

I'd like to keep to my other question and that's the missionary spam. There really is no counter to it other than a DOW. Is there way I could at least go back to blocking them? I don't like the idea that they can go into my borders and end a turn on the same tile as one of my units (right next to my city) and then convert it. The AI also seems to have infinite Faith amount or something because I end up deleting them via IGE and then the next turn 2 more appear near my border. Or just editing Inquisitors back to their vanilla ability would solve my issue.

You can ask the leader in question to stop sending missionaries but it seems that most of the time they refuse your request, the only option after that is to denounce them and declare war on them and start to intercept all the missionaries and terminate them. After the war (or wars) they tend to be somewhat less inclined to send new missionaries to your land, or it could just be that during the time of the war your own religion has spread sufficiently that they don't want or bother with trying to convert you.

Willy, hopefully that will change in the next version with better religious logic for the AI.

Top Bottom