(5-CP) Counterproposal: Shoshone UA change

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjooma

Chieftain
Original proposal:
Current Shoshone unique ability:
Cities claim up to 8 tiles on Founding and 4 tiles on Conquest. Land Units receive a +20% :c5strength: Combat Strength bonus when fighting in friendly territory. All Recon Units can choose rewards from Ancient Ruins.
My proposal:
Cities claim up to 8 tiles on Founding and 4 tiles on Conquest. Land Units receive a +20% :c5strength: Combat Strength bonus when fighting in friendly territory. You can choose rewards from Ancient Ruins, and you get an Ancient Ruin reward when you found a city.
This means that you can choose ancient ruin rewards no matter which unit (even a civilian unit) takes them, and even when ancient ruins are taken by border expansion. The ancient ruin reward from founding a city can also be chosen.

Rationale:
The original proposal removes the ability to choose ancient ruin rewards, but I think it's is a fun mechanic that should be kept even if the AI can't use it currently.
Spawning ancient ruins makes it possible for them to be stolen by someone who you are at war with or have open borders with, it's better to give the ancient ruin reward directly.

The original proposal removes the ability to choose ancient ruin rewards, but I think it's is a fun mechanic that should be kept even if the AI can't use it currently.
AI-human inequality should not be encouraged. If you want the mechanic, teach the AI to use it.

Spawning ancient ruins makes it possible for them to be stolen by someone who you are at war with or have open borders with, it's better to give the ancient ruin reward directly.
Edited my proposal to spawn and immediately claim the ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom