Opening FFH Scenarios Directly

Calbrenar

Prince
I asked this question a few days ago in the Scenario area but received no reply. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to open the scenarios directly and with WorldBuilder as I am unable to play the vast majority of the FFH scenarios. I did the first one or 2 of each of the series and 2 of the stand alones. All the rest crash on load.

Also does anyone know what Call Blizzard does? I tried it in one of the Auric scenarios. It was never usable on snow or any other terrain. Does one of the rituals create moving blizzards and then you can use it?

Also does anyone know what Call Blizzard does? I tried it in one of the Auric scenarios. It was never usable on snow or any other terrain. Does one of the rituals create moving blizzards and then you can use it?

The Ritual "The Deepening" creates blizzards around the map. If your unit is on a tile next to a blizzard, they can use the Call Blizzard spell to move it to their tile. Blizzards change the terrain they're on to Tundra, and damage units sometimes.

Hrm I built that but I didn't see any Blizzards on the map. Guess it's just bad luck.

Now if only someone would tell me how to open these scenarios without using the scenario thing that's built in so i could actually play the rest lol

For me, the path is (substitute your settings):

C:\Program files\Firiaxis games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios

Then click onthe worldbuilder save that you need.

Best wishes,

Breunor

C:\Program files\Firiaxis games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios

Best wishes,

Breunor

Nice! Thanks

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm not sure if it is a result of having the Steam version but when I click the save it just loads up civ. Is worldbuilder supposed to be a separate exe? I set the saves to open with Civ4BeyondSword.exe.

If I try to go into worldbuilder through the menu then load it I get a different file path then the physical file path and there is no way to navigate to that directory.

I got it to work by copying al the scenario files to the my games/beyond the sword directory the world builder loader uses. The reason it didn't work for me before is I have two my games directories and I thought it was using the one where the cache is but it is using the one under my documents.

So long story short if you read this thread later on. Copy the scenario files from the path Bruenor mentioned above to where your save files are or somewhere in that path and navigate to it form inside worldbuilder if they don't auto load in civ for you.

Top Bottom