Orbis PBEM: No Cute Name

mcwill123

Pretender to the Throne
Hi all! I would like to start another Orbis PBEM game. I invited two players who I noticed were looking to join a game. Benana and Cyberwulfe are in. We will need 2 additional players. Anyone else who would like to play, just send me your email, time zone vs GMT and choice of civilization in a private message or email. First responses make the cut. I expect all players to play their turns each day and to get a replacement in the case of vacation or that kind of thing. Here is my idea for what I would like to see in the game.

Not open to discussion
----------------------
Quick Speed
Advanced start (default number of points - which should be enough to buy 3 cities)
Perfect World 2 map script
Small map (It's not really all that small for 5 players.)
Map wraps in both directions (cuts down on huge blocks of useless mountains.)
There will be no AI civs

Everything else is up for discussion. Majority rules. If you feel strongly about any of the options, this is your chance to speak up. Just to get the ball rolling, here are some of my personal preferences:

Raging Barbarians ON
Barbarian World ON
No Tech Brokering ON
Compact Enforced ON
All Unique Features OFF

If you need to fill the roster, I'll join, but since I'm already in many games, I don't want to take someone else position.

So I'm gladly in, but only if you got no one else when you want to start.

Of course you are welcome, but let's wait a couple days and see what happens.

If you need to fill the roster, I'll join, but since I'm already in many games, I don't want to take someone else position.

So I'm gladly in, but only if you got no one else when you want to start.

OK, as it stands right now we have 5 players with Old Lion. I think that the game would play fine with 4. So Old Lion doesn't *need* to join, if he's doing it just to help out. I'll ask him and then we are ready to start.

I also need everyone's choice of civ and time zone (GMT + or -) and the email address you want to use for the game.

Old Lion has stepped down as a regular player, but asked to be used as a substitute. So we are ready to start. Once I have everyone's civ choice, the email that you want to use for the game and the time vs GMT that you are available to play your turn, we will get started. Even if you think I have all of your information, please send it again all in one message. It will help. Thanks.

Not to sure I like the raging barbarians idea. They are damned hard enough to begin with, but I am game for whatever the majority wishes.

I'm pretty sure they aren't as nasty in Orbis as vanilla FFH2. Anyway, if no one else speaks up to say they would like Raging Barbs (besides me), I'll turn them off.

I sent private requests, but I might as well put it up here too. I still need the email for Lgaard. I also need complete email, civ, leader and time zone for benana.

Sent.

I'm also nervous about raging barbarian world, but if someone else wants them, I'm willing to try. It would certainly reduce the need for an AI player to beat up on ;)

OK. Since both of you are game, I intend to go with the raging barbarians option. Raging barbarians really isn't that big a deal anyway. Just keep at least 3 units in your cities and it should be OK.

Also, will you be setting start anywhere, or start in old world for new world rules option?

Top Bottom