Orbis - Questions and Suggestions

I think it is supposed to be hard, but the spell of shadow may be too strong in that case. Ahwaric want to change the spell system, so the problem normaly will be fixed.

About the ordo machinarum...
Yes, you can see it is just a local cult, linked with only one civ. But the "local" or "global" cult is just a problem of spreading. For the link with a civ, what do you think about the OO, which is linked with the Lanuns, or the Leaves, linked with elves ?
Well, I think the ordo machinarum should be a religion, like the OO or the Leaves.

Maybe the cult of the Emperor too ? We can imagine a religion based on the Gift ? Mostly religion talks about an after-life, but that religion talks about an immortal life, it is convincing, isn't it ?

Their temple may be respectively the Clock Tower and the Temple of the Gift, and they may have a priority with their original civ like for the White Hand. Or, the tech may be just on the tech path of these civs, and we may erase the illan priority for the White Hand, like the other religions (for example the Leaves or OO may be searched by everyone).

For the Ordo, I think they can have a religious bonus like the Veil (culture, and science bonus in the holy city), and the clock maybe have a reduction of maintenance costs (because of the organization). The Ordo may have a high Temple : the observatory (from the inductrial revolution flavor) with give a science bonus (and allow to have 2 scientists, like in BtS ?). The religious heroes may be Boris and Goliath, and Feris be just the national heroe for mechanos. The clockwork soldier may be the religious unit.

I have a question!

I can never see much as to what Stigmata actually do!

Okay, I know it raises strength (health right?) but by how much?

I am not familiar with the % in orbis, or civ4 at all. Says 50% of AC.

I never really see hyborem go past 14 strength..even at high AC.

So if anyone can truly set me straight on this I will lick you.. C:

Well maybe not if you don't wish...

Stigmata does not raise strength values, it raises the percentage bonus in combat, much like combat promotions do.. so if AC is at 100% then the bonus that unit recieves in combat will be +50%

I have a question!

I can never see much as to what Stigmata actually do!

Okay, I know it raises strength (health right?) but by how much?

I am not familiar with the % in orbis, or civ4 at all. Says 50% of AC.

I never really see hyborem go past 14 strength..even at high AC.

So if anyone can truly set me straight on this I will lick you.. C:

Well maybe not if you don't wish...

I believe it just gives +% bonus in combat. Just like Combat I promotion gives +20% strength in combat (doesn't rise base strength), Stigmata gives bonus equal to half AC. You can check all combat bonuses in combat calculations you see when you right click and hold over enemy unit while having your unit selected.

If cities are supposed to be hard to take.. what I recommend is a deviation away from defensive strikes and instead focus on city defense and protection from bombardment damage. If there is some way to make use of defensive structures that is not negated by gunpowder units, then I recommend doing so. You could make this bonus as high as -75% from bombardment, forcing large scale catapult assaults, or at least many turns to bust it down, thus allowing defenders time to refortify their positions. Wall of force would have to have a much lower affect on bombardment damage if that was the case though, in order to keep it in check. A wonder that grants -25% from bombardment would be okay. You could have one single city that is nearly impervious to attack ^^

*Licks Kalina and Evalis*

Well Another thing that's been bothering me..

I wanted to make hell terrain a threat, rather than just a change in terrain.

The food never lowered or damaged anyone.. well I fixed most of that.

But Is it possible to make sickness on terrain? I know you can on features such as haunted lands..

Well if it's possible I would like to know..been messing with many things but I always get an-
error uppon entry to game.

You mean sickness as in a disease afflicts your unit when you step on the tile? You'd have to write something in python that happened 'onstep'. Why not look at some of the code for the haunted lands if that is the effect you are trying to mirror?

If you just mean that it provides the city unhealth that should be easy enough to change.

Well both sound good.

But I tried the second option you stated.. I have put the iHealthPercent on one of the hell terrains in XML>Terrain folder.. and I had an error. Do I need to do this on phyton as well?

And I will try that first statement as well.. not sure how to though. But I learned a lot from just messing around in the files.

Oh btw is it possible making hell terrain appear on good lands? I made an extension in python but nothing happened..in fact hell terrain was erased..hmm well i'm sure you don't have time enough to correct some minor issues I came across..

Well I suppose I only figured it would be easy. That schema is only available to terrain features, as is iturndamage. I tried adding the schema into regular terrain but it didn't accept it (although it didn't crash). The alternative is to create a feature that represent broken lands and just add it on top of broken lands with no art, but you'll have to run a growth at 100% for it. Sadly I'm not a programmer. It's doubtful I could assist you with correcting errors =/

Maybe not but you gave me ideas!

I have done what I wanted with AC, I forgot to make a string before..so it's why it didn't work the first time...

Hmm so even you tried and failed eh? Hmm is it even possible to make this work? Oh well, you guys helped me more than you know. Now to figure out how to make terrain features from scratch lol..

Edit: Wait I got it! I could use tormented souls for this! Since that feature is never used..but how do I mount that on the hell terrain? I will go figure untill someone replies again..

Okay I figured how to put it on hell terrain.. so Evalis the way to put it is like this? <iturndamage>-50</iturndamage> ??

As I said, I'm not a programmer, but yeah that seems to be about right. It would cause damage at the end of the turn, much life reefs do. Note however that there's no damage limitation, so 50% would swiftly kill entire armies. Also keep in mind that you'll want to make sure those tormented soulds don't spawn on city tiles, since there's nothing in the code to prevent damage from occuring inside cities.

That said, it's pretty easy to add new features.. just copy and paste all the data from one terrain type (all the on-move sounds and such) then give it a new name. You can modify the stats and the picture however you wish.

Gah, thanks for the help so far guys.

But I fear I'm not advanced enough for this. I did partly of this, but I don't know how to finnish it.

Well anyways new project. Where exactly can I find the planar gates functions?

I wish to change some monsters I seem unfit for it..and would like to change this.

Edit; Nvm guys I found it..took a while. Thanks again really!!

If cities are supposed to be hard to take.. what I recommend is a deviation away from defensive strikes and instead focus on city defense and protection from bombardment damage.

It is far too easy for two or three ships to quickly lower a cities defensive bonus to zero. Being bombarded by sea for a turn, should be at most an annoyance. The same is true for bombardment from the land. In reality breaking down a cities defenses was a long term endeavor. The way it is in the game now city defensive bonuses are virtually meaningless, as they are so quickly and easily brought down. This is off the top of my head, but perhaps any one source could do somewhere between 1 and 5% damage vs defensive bonuses with a max of say 20% for any given turn?

Could anyone please tell me where might I find religion and civic in file folders?

I've searched all over and tried every possible "search" and still nothing..

Thank you..

I think the Crusade doctrine may be two weak, with a very high cost. The divantage to not be able to make diplomacy or build civil buildings is sufficient. Maybe the civic may need some bonus, like a reduction of the units maintenance costs.

The changement of traits with the republic civic change the traits chosen with the minor or adaptative traits.

What about a bombard for Palatinate, insteed of the canoon ?

Tlacatl and FoL seemed like a perfect match until I found out ancient forests don't grow in jungles and the few ones I got from forests I settled near were overwritten by deep jungles anyway. Would it be possible to make an ancient forest equivalent for jungles or at least give them priority over them?

I was wondering how to apply this into orbis (Orbis ++ Adds Mardero as a leader and Civilapedia) can someone help me?

Top Bottom