Orbital Fabricator and Weather Controller mechanics?

It'd be easier to determine their value and play with them if they're more predictable. All the other sats are. Reducing the requirements to 1 Petroleum each and having them put up the resource at exactly 20 turns into their life might be a good thing.

No, there's no support for X per turn up in the code, you could in theory code it all in LUA AFAIK, but it would be a complete PITA to do.

1) Unimproved land and coastal tiles work, although I don't think ocean tiles do. Would be seriously unlucky RNG for me if you can improve ocean tiles as I've never seen it (and I love spamming these satellites over water).

4 ) Nope

5) They don't as far as I can tell

6) The increased duration just gives you more turns to potentially get a second resource. In my experience you're best off just deleting the satellite after the first resource pops and putting up a new one unless you're specifically using it for the +1 food or production bonus.

No resources are found on ocean tiles only coastal ones. The extra production/food are very nice but by the time you get those satellite most of your tile have improvements. I only toss those sats up over my coastal cities. The satellites says you get 1-2 resources that will spawn over its lifetime. It does not say if it is effected by increase satellite duration.

No resources are found on ocean tiles only coastal ones. The extra production/food are very nice but by the time you get those satellite most of your tile have improvements. I only toss those sats up over my coastal cities. The satellites says you get 1-2 resources that will spawn over its lifetime. It does not say if it is effected by increase satellite duration.
The XML and LUA pay no attention to duration, as far as I can tell. You get 1 or 2 resources, period. In this case, it might actually help if there were some way to shorten the duration.

Top Bottom