1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orion's Inquisition Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by OrionVeteran, Nov 28, 2008.

1. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

It works just fine in OGI. I will have to review the stand alone mod for any needed updates used in OGI.

2. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

cool :D

Also, if you have time. I use your Tech by Conquest and every time any civ captures a city the message (your scientists have discovered xxx or the vanquished have no useful scientific knowledge) comes up whether it affects the player or not, even if its civs that the player have never met.

3. Archid

Archid Warlord

I haven't looked at the code, but the message popping up for unrelated civs is probably caused by an addMessage call having either the first param as your players ID and/or the second param as true rather than false.

The addMessage call in the SDK is (or the way I use it is...)
    PHP:
    gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addMessage(<player>, <show to all players>, more params...)
    In Python is is likely to be
    PHP:
    CyInterface().addMessage(<player>, <show to all players>, more params...)
    So if you search for those and check the first 2 params you may find what is causing this. The first param should be the ID of the civ doing the capturing and the second param false.

Of course I may be shot down by those more experienced in modding, but that it how I have seen it done in the past and how it works in my mods

4. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yes. The Tech by Conquest mod had several issues. So I migrated it to the SDK in OGI, which fixed the problems we were encountering at the time. Again the stand alone mod has not been updated to reflect the SDK fixes.

5. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Interesting! I will investigate after I get the SDK installed and working on my new rig.

6. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Here is what I have in the SDK:

Code:
    if (bFoundTransferTech)
    {
    	szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_TECH_BY_CONQUEST", GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes) eTransferTech).getDescription()).GetCString();
    	kToTeam.setHasTech((TechTypes) eTransferTech, true, ePlayer, false, false);
    	kToTeam.setNoTradeTech((TechTypes)eTransferTech, true);
    	gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addMessage(ePlayer, false, GC.getEVENT_MESSAGE_TIME(), szBuffer, "AS2D_WELOVEKING", MESSAGE_TYPE_MINOR_EVENT, NULL, (ColorTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_GREEN"));
    }

7. Archid

Archid Warlord

hmmm...that looks correct so I am not sure why the message would be displaying for everyone.

@vincentz: Do you have the python or SDK version in your mod?
    Is it possible you have both by mistake?

8. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

The stand alone version had issues. So, I developed the SDK version specifically for OGI and the python version was removed. ...Gives everyone another good reason to get the latest version of OGI.

Nope. The python version was removed.