Ottoman civ

Is there a way to globally turn off the ottoman civ so we can avoid the problem? Perhaps setting something from 1 to 0 somewhere?

Thanks

Go to the last section of Warlords/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml and change
<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/MehmedII/mehmed.kfm</KFM>
<NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/MehmedII/mehmed_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
to:
<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Sid/sid.kfm</KFM>
<NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Sid/sid_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>

Let me know if that helps...
(You should get Sid instead of Mehmed, but it may not crash)

I will try it. If it works I'll be all set :)

Of course I will have to do it when I get home later this afternoon (no Civing from the office)

Thanks!

alexman said:
Go to the last section of Warlords/Assets/Art/Leaderheads/MehmedII/CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml and change
to:

The leaderheads XML file is actually in Warlords/XML/Art/

I did what you suggested with the XML and it solves my problem of instant crash using the Ottomans. I am using a GEForce 4MX 420 if it matters. The big picture at the start is Sid but the little picture on the side is Mehmed II. The only other problems I used to have was the "bread only" error and seeing flood plains in the fog.

I had the same thing. Sid's big picture worked great. I can now play as the Ottomans.

thanks

AlCosta said:
Yes, look 2 posts above you.

Also, Paasky said he found the problem, something with a typo in the files for the leaderheads.

really, where and which file exactly? and did he fix it?

alexman said:
For those experiencing this problem, could you please post your machine specs? A dxdiag output would be most helpful.

My game would crash within the first 50 or so turns every time I played until I took a hint from Barak's other thread in the Bugs section and played a game without Mehmed. No problems at all when there are no Ottomans.

Looking forward to the patch! Here are my specs. Hope they help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 106
alexman said:
Go to the last section of Warlords/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml and change
to:

Worked for me - Thank You.

I go into the warlords/assets/ and i have assets#.fpk and i don't see anything in any folders. I looked in warlords/custom assets/xml/art and i don't see anything in the any of the game folders. I dont see how the folders can be empty, so how come i can't see the files in the folder?

So we're waiting for the next patch to be able to have 3-D Mehmed II? Anyone know the release date?

I had the same problem with animated Mehmed.

So I made a little Bugfix for it.

File Bugfix Mehmed-CTD (Sid animated).zip
Here the animated Leaderhead of Mehmed is replaced by animated Sid (as alexman said above).

File Bugfix Mehmed-CTD (Mehmed Picture).zip
Animated Mehmed is replaced by a picture of him. I took this picture from Wikipedia.

Extract the file(s) in the Zip to the folder
My Files/My Games/Warlords/CustomAssets/XML/Art

Now you can play with or against Mehmed. ;)

If this problem is fixed with the next patch, you just have to delete these files.

Attachments

• Bugfix Mehmed-CTD (Mehmed Picture).zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Bugfix Mehmed-CTD (Sid animated).zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 191
alexman said:
to:

Worked like a charm. Many thanks.

The fix works great on my computer too single player. However over a LAN where both computers have the fix, Mehmed's animated head oddly appears again when you meet him and the game crashes.

I've had the Ottomans in my game several times and I haven't had problems. I started up a quick game as the Ottomans (ie a few turns) and there were no problems.

Top Bottom